Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Just have to say this.....

Just have to say this.....

Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:51 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just have to say this.....

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Isn't the saying 'crafty cigarette'? Never heard it used for anything else.
Oooh you're dead posh you are Carmen...round our way it is and always has been a 'crafty fag'...although I always used to say I was going outside for some 'fresh air' - now there's a contradiction in terms

Good on ya Dreamfish btw...
Old Feb 28th 2008, 6:56 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

i am proof (along with other expats) that a house can still sell after being on the market 6 months, the only viewer we had ended up buying it in month 7. 2 littluns and a hubby, and a house full of crap, all relocated here.
it is so incredibly stressful and seems like it will never happen.

but just remember this, the house prices are starting to fall here.... so the longer you have to hang out for a house sale in the UK means you could get more for your money when you eventually get over.

its the 'in limbo' feeling - u cant plan, and get bored of talking about NZ!

hang in there - it will happen.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:47 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Oooh you're dead posh you are Carmen...round our way it is and always has been a 'crafty fag'...although I always used to say I was going outside for some 'fresh air' - now there's a contradiction in terms

Good on ya Dreamfish btw...

Okay, I should have said 'crafty ciggie'.

Poshness is all relative isn't it? Come to think of it, what exactly is it? Personally, I wouldn't say I'm posh (Northern born so too down to Earth), although I am pedantic about speaking correctly - thus no dropping 't's', innits, alright loves etc. I really can't stand all that 'building site pronunciation'. :curse:

And how lovely to hear from you PP. Especially since I thought of you only today whilst cyber perusing a rather glorious Lockwood!

Last edited by uk+kiwi; Feb 28th 2008 at 7:50 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of

Okay, I should have said 'crafty ciggie'.

Poshness is all relative isn't it? Come to think of it, what exactly is it? Personally, I wouldn't say I'm posh (Northern born so too down to Earth), although I am pedantic about speaking correctly - thus no dropping 't's', innits, alright loves etc. I really can't stand all that 'building site pronunciation'. :curse:

And how lovely to hear from you PP. Especially since I thought of you only today whilst cyber perusing a rather glorious Lockwood!
oi weer agate t mi owd fella Sawreetferthee yo con tawk reet. Con'ta lend a hond mon tawk reet in new zealand

for those of you not familiar with lancashire dialect translated. I had only just said to my OH it's ok for you, you can talk right. Can you help me talk properly when in New Zealand!!!!!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

After 13 months we still feel the same Katie - we still find ourselves saying "I can't believe we live here". Like Karonious and IrnBru - turning out of our road and seeing the ocean takes my breath away every morning and for Danny the exact same spot as IrnBru after you leave the gorge - I don't know how we haven't had an accident yet as our eyes are on the sea and not the road .....Loving it
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:34 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnaf
After 13 months we still feel the same
Three years in June and I'm still the same too

When you're home, you're home
Old Feb 29th 2008, 5:11 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

...you had to make me go and have another peek didn't you...