Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Just got back from the UK

Just got back from the UK

Old Jun 29th 2009, 9:47 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just got back from the UK

Well just got back from England from a two week holiday, it was lovely seeing everyone and did not stop going out while I was there, went to London also and we actually had Sunshine for the weeks i was there.

Well my opinion, everywhere looked dirty, overcrowded, the food didn't taste as nice apart from a Indian, cant see what all the fuss is ab out Tescos as far as i could see it was not that great and the fruit and veg looked small and not so colorful as here (my opinion dont forget).

forgot how some people are so miserable I'm the shops, but the clothes were good quality bought some lovely stuff, shoes, clothes and more clothes ha ha, enjoyed my day out in London and I dont mind the crowds, A very very very long flight its a killer!

but when we flew into NZ and wellington I thought how lovely this place looks and I was actually glad to be 'home' done me and my daughter the world of good!

but its cold!!!
Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:10 pm

Default Re: Just got back from the UK

no one care to comment???
Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:17 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
Well just got back from England from a two week holiday, it was lovely seeing everyone and did not stop going out while I was there, went to London also and we actually had Sunshine for the weeks i was there.

Well my opinion, everywhere looked dirty, overcrowded, the food didn't taste as nice apart from a Indian, cant see what all the fuss is ab out Tescos as far as i could see it was not that great and the fruit and veg looked small and not so colorful as here (my opinion dont forget).

forgot how some people are so miserable I'm the shops, but the clothes were good quality bought some lovely stuff, shoes, clothes and more clothes ha ha, enjoyed my day out in London and I dont mind the crowds, A very very very long flight its a killer!

but when we flew into NZ and wellington I thought how lovely this place looks and I was actually glad to be 'home' done me and my daughter the world of good!

but its cold!!!
Hi been waiting to hear how trip was going/went!Missed your sense of humour on here Glad you enjoyed the shopping! totally agree with you on all the negatives re UK and positives re NZ!; it is still hot & sunny here but hey you've got that to look forward to! (plus fantastic NZ wine!)
Welcome home!
B
Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:56 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Halooo you. I thought you were due back soon.

Sounds like you had a great time .

Welcome back
Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome home. Sounds like you had a good time overall. Oooooo....clothes shopping. Can't wait to do the same in 7 & a bit weeks time! Hoping the weather stays nice too!

Has the trip made your daughter re-evaluate the life she has in NZ positively or negatively? I think she was homesick for the UK .

Anyway, good to have you back, we've missed you
Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:19 pm
`

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix

Has the trip made your daughter re-evaluate the life she has in NZ positively or negatively? I think she was homesick for the UK .
I wondered that too.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I wondered that too.
Great minds think alike
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:20 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

no one care to comment???
Welcome back! Was just giving you time to put away all your new purchases

Glad to hear you had a great time in UK. Hope your daughter will be more settled here now.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:22 am
`

Great minds think alike
They certainly do .

----
BEVS
poster of the month !
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

glad you enjoyed yourself, and i hope it helped your daughter some,
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:59 am

Welcome home. Sounds like you had a good time overall. Oooooo....clothes shopping. Can't wait to do the same in 7 & a bit weeks time! Hoping the weather stays nice too!

Anyway, good to have you back, we've missed you
aww thanks xxx well she is very quiet and not been complaining much, so I will wait and see
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:02 am
`

aww thanks xxx well she is very quiet and not been complaining much, so I will wait and see

Fingers crossed that it does help her settle better

So, g'won then. Tell us all about going out and the shopping in fine detail. I want details.
I'm down here y'know where there is not much going out to be had unless it's the local.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by BEVS
Fingers crossed that it does help her settle better

So, g'won then. Tell us all about going out and the shopping in fine detail. I want details.
I'm down here y'know where there is not much going out to be had unless it's the local.
ha ha well I went out most nights eating drinking catching up with friends, went out on Saturday night to a club and got a bit cough drunk...

had a couple of barbecues around some friends and family (the barbecues aren't as big as the ones here btw, but I kept my mouth shut! lol)

well shopping I bought clothes from new look, Dorothy Perkins H & M, TK max, lots of nice tops a skirt, lovely high heel shoes and some flat ones for the summer, lots of earrings, necklaces (junk jewelry which i like) make up from Superdrug...lol

It was great in London, my daughhter bought some unusual stuff to show off back here. all in all I need to go on a diet again
Attached Thumbnails Just got back from the UK-img_8533-1%5B1%5D.jpg   Just got back from the UK-img_0003-1%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:26 am

And some pics of a great holiday, as I said had a great time seeing everyone but glad to be home
Attached Thumbnails Just got back from the UK-l_433ae903629d4bd685b84363de66f18b%5B1%5D.jpg   Just got back from the UK-l_6cc2947acfd64671a33c6786dd2fe3c2%5B1%5D.jpg   Just got back from the UK-l_3878574093324bfd9353ab77a0171343%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you had a good time....my turn soon....Line7 went bust this morning so I will have to stock up on clothes too in UK .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.