Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Just for fun...what's your most useless qualification?!

Just for fun...what's your most useless qualification?!

Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all
Smile Just for fun...what's your most useless qualification?!

Spid and I have been comparing qualifications (don't know why....seemed like a good idea!!!) and I have come to the conclusion that we are two well qualified women....

However....in my deep, dark and mysterious past I was sent on a cheerleading course. I passed and am now the proud owner of a pair of red fluffy shakers (do not EVER call them pom-poms said the course leader ) and a certificate saying I am a qualified cheerleader.

So far I have had no use for this qualification that my school spent £75 on! Maybe that'll change when we make it over there!!!

So come on expaters - whats yours?!

sb
Old Mar 6th 2008, 1:51 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just for fun...what's your most useless qualification?!

Originally Posted by saritabear
Spid and I have been comparing qualifications (don't know why....seemed like a good idea!!!) and I have come to the conclusion that we are two well qualified women....

sb
Thank you very much! Why, because it was fun to play qualification poker. However, you win. My most useless qualification is a certificate to say i attended the most boring course in the world - a whole day on Helath and Safety in the WOrkplace. Snore!ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Oh, also just remembered - i did a course about how to sit correctly in front of a computer! Bizzare - i even still have the certificate somewhere. The most stupid thing about it was i was a teacher and i didn't ever use my computer sitting down only ever plugged it in the use the interactive whiteboard. SO i am fully qualified to sit on a chair! Ho- bloody- ray
Old Mar 6th 2008, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spid
Thank you very much! Why, because it was fun to play qualification poker. However, you win. My most useless qualification is a certificate to say i attended the most boring course in the world - a whole day on Helath and Safety in the WOrkplace. Snore!ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Oh, also just remembered - i did a course about how to sit correctly in front of a computer! Bizzare - i even still have the certificate somewhere. The most stupid thing about it was i was a teacher and i didn't ever use my computer sitting down only ever plugged it in the use the interactive whiteboard. SO i am fully qualified to sit on a chair! Ho- bloody- ray
Should come in handy for all the internet research!

I award you 10 points for your useless qualification and you are currently in the lead from a total of 1 answer!

sb
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:02 pm
I'm going fishing .....

psa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant future

I too have a Health & Safety in the workplace certificate, from my former employer, which i was awarded simply for turning up and managing to stay awake all day without quite losing the will to live.
But i have 2 beauties from my RAF service from years gone by.
1, a certificate from the RAF Police at Brize Norton, to say i tried to beat Police Dog "Duke" to the gate before he grabbed my arm and wrestled me to the ground. All in the name of "Save the children", can't remember how much i raised for charity.
2, a certificate from 12 months attached to the 7th Gurkha Rifles, stating i have (or rather had) a fluency of intermediate level in Nepalese. Why anyone would actually need one of these is beyond me, it's hardly a sought after language qualification.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by psa2570
I too have a Health & Safety in the workplace certificate, from my former employer, which i was awarded simply for turning up and managing to stay awake all day without quite losing the will to live.
But i have 2 beauties from my RAF service from years gone by.
1, a certificate from the RAF Police at Brize Norton, to say i tried to beat Police Dog "Duke" to the gate before he grabbed my arm and wrestled me to the ground. All in the name of "Save the children", can't remember how much i raised for charity.
2, a certificate from 12 months attached to the 7th Gurkha Rifles, stating i have (or rather had) a fluency of intermediate level in Nepalese. Why anyone would actually need one of these is beyond me, it's hardly a sought after language qualification.
oooh. I think....erm 15 points for the police dog thing and another 10 for the Nepalese one.

Well done. I bet you feel like a more rounded and complete human being for having those qualifications!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:15 pm
I'm going fishing .....

psa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant futurepsa2570 has a brilliant future

oooh. I think....erm 15 points for the police dog thing and another 10 for the Nepalese one.

Well done. I bet you feel like a more rounded and complete human being for having those qualifications!

I don't know what I'd do without them sometimes it's hard to get through the day without cursing someone under my breath in a language they'll never understand, or probably ever hear again
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

lol my most useless certificate, qualification is a level 1 (says it all) in Orientering.

It was a days course in the local park, and I got lost!!!!!

still got the certificate at the end of the day though.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lollyno1
lol my most useless certificate, qualification is a level 1 (says it all) in Orientering.

It was a days course in the local park, and I got lost!!!!!

still got the certificate at the end of the day though.
Well, no points for you then if you got lost!!!! I might possibly give it a 1 if I were feeling more generous. I went on an orienteering thingy when I was 17 and we got bored tramping across the damp hills so just followed the nearest road and waited for the instructor in the pub! (I also failed!)
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

So come on expaters - whats yours?!

sb
During a break from teaching i obtained a NVQ2 in Sheep Management....not great use now i'm back teaching.. and as yet haven't managed to find it on the NZIS website...think it's worth asking NZQA for a pre assessment??
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by psa2570
I too have a Health & Safety in the workplace certificate, from my former employer, which i was awarded simply for turning up .
Funny, im a Health and Safety advisor, and i too have numerous mind numbing certificates too...

Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:34 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from my degree, which has only ever been a foot in the door and I can't recall actually using anything I learned from it, you mean?

Then that would be an "HTML For Beginners" course.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:35 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I have a qualification in stable management - not much use in my nursing career
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
I have a qualification in stable management - not much use in my nursing career
And now you are dealing with unstable management
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:47 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I've got one as a mail sorting machine operator. To successfully get the certificate one needed to demonstrate that the red button stops the machine and the black button starts it up again.

We had time for a half hour revision before taking the 'exam'.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:57 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14
And now you are dealing with unstable management

Now get back to work!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.