Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Just curious - how often do you get paid?

Just curious - how often do you get paid?

Old Oct 2nd 2010, 9:46 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just curious - how often do you get paid?

I was just having a 'discussion' with my kiwi dad and he says most people in NZ get paid weekly or fortnightly. This surprises me a great deal, but I've been away a LONG time. Is he right? Is anyone paid cash these days or is it always straight into a bank.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just curious - how often do you get paid?

fortnightly straight into the bank is really common - we both get paid that way - as as the household budgeter, I find it easier than monthly

Jan
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of

monthly but im a bit of a rarity
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
fortnightly straight into the bank is really common - we both get paid that way - as as the household budgeter, I find it easier than monthly

Jan
Ditto the above for us too!
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 7:40 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil

Jan
+1
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jmh
I was just having a 'discussion' with my kiwi dad and he says most people in NZ get paid weekly or fortnightly. This surprises me a great deal, but I've been away a LONG time. Is he right? Is anyone paid cash these days or is it always straight into a bank.
I get paid fortnightly and OH gets paid monthly. It's becoming more common to get paid monthly now according to my in-laws although fortnightly still seems to be the norm - bit more of a job for payroll I guess? Both my brother in law and sister in law are paid monthly now.

We're all paid direct into the account. According to folk at work, it also depends on who you bank with as money will either show in your account the evening work arranges the transfer, or the next day. We get ours in the evening
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 8:30 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the responses guys. Looks like the old man was right after all.

LOL - he's ok really
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 6:05 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Husband is paid weekly.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 7:46 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

we both get paid fortnightly.....OH sees his the evening the company pay him, and I see mine the following day.

I have to say, by getting paid fortnightly instead of monthly richer. If I have an expensive day or 2 I only have 2 weeks tops to wait for more money. In the UK it happened a couple of times where I would have big expensive stuff happening or at the beginning of the month and then it would be a super long month till next pay day.

It's also quite nice as I get paid one week and the OH gets paid the next.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 7:37 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I've been monthly paid on all three jobs I've had in NZ.

The other half - who's a teacher - is paid fortnighly.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

i (jax) get paid fortnightly, Matt gets paid monthly. both straight into the bank. it seems a hassle having to do time sheets to be in every fortnight for me, and just seems more work for everyone all round. but hey..you never have long to wait for the next pay day
Old Oct 4th 2010, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

i get paid fortnightly have to fill in time sheets! OH monthly straight into the bank
Old Oct 4th 2010, 5:52 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

My DH gets paid weekly and we pay our staff weekly - when it's a small business - like us and 2 employees - it's much easier for cash flow if it's done on a weekly basis.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

I get paid fortnightly. Still trying to get used to it as was always paid monthly in the UK.
Worst thing about the fortnightly wage for me is that I have bills that come out of the bank weekly, fortnightly and monthly so I never know where I am with the money thats left in the bank. In the UK I got paid on the last Thursday of the month and all the bills came out on the 1st so after that anything left was for spending!
Old Oct 4th 2010, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lisamct
I get paid fortnightly. Still trying to get used to it as was always paid monthly in the UK.
Worst thing about the fortnightly wage for me is that I have bills that come out of the bank weekly, fortnightly and monthly so I never know where I am with the money thats left in the bank. In the UK I got paid on the last Thursday of the month and all the bills came out on the 1st so after that anything left was for spending!
Yes we are still trying to juggle that conundrum - at the moment have rent going out for 2 weeks when waiting to get paid so having to put UK money into the bank because we haven't got into a paying routine ah well I am sure it will settle down or I hope so at least!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.