Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Just applied for Citizenship today.

Just applied for Citizenship today.

Old Apr 17th 2010, 9:57 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just applied for Citizenship today.

Originally Posted by 4pommes
What difference does citizenship make? I'm not being sarcastic...just don't know the advantages and would love to know the difference.
Isn't it enough to be able to belong to your adopted home, as opposed to being a foreigner?

However, since you ask:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pros_a...nd_Citizenship
Old Apr 18th 2010, 5:52 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
After just over 3 years in New Zealand (we got PR 5 years ago)the boss & I have decided to apply to become a couple of Kiwis. Keeping that "the powers that be" grant us citizenship.

I'm guessing it will take a number of months before we'll hear anything (unless it's a very quick 'bugger off') & can crack open the bubbly.

Although I'm proud to be born & bred in England, I can't imagine ever going back there to live. Yes, there are aspects of British life I miss but I'm more content living here. We have been lucky enough to make some great friends & get involved in stuff eg. the theatre, kayaking etc. that we wouldn't have done in the UK.

So it's NZ for us
We have just got the papers just start filling in the same information that gets you in NZ to start with
Old Apr 18th 2010, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Am Loolah;8496448]I'm jealous! I have to wait another 2 years! Good on ya,

well done
... seems ages, but we've been here 2 1/2 so its that again.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by urbanproject
Congrats!

I handed in my citizenship application on Monday and was told standard wait is 7 months (excluding the ceremony), and there had been an increase in applicants because those who were under the 3 year rule have to apply before 21 April this year

I've been in NZ for just over 4 years, got PR in May 2005 but application got accepted at the beginning of April 2005.
Congrats to you too

I sent in our application last wednesday & it obviously got there because they debited our credit cards on the thursday!!! I hope they are as quick with everything else but I doubt it somehow
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I'm jealous! I have to wait another 2 years! Good on ya, remember National dress of knotted hanky on head and shell suits.
Do I need Bling as well???

Two years will fly by.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MnB
Brilliant!!Look forward to seeing the pics!!
B x
Thanks, so am I
Old Apr 18th 2010, 10:24 pm
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Vitalstatistix, have you heard anything from DIA yet?

I got a letter in the mail today saying I had been assigned a case officer and that the anticipated processing time is 4 months. That's encouraging news considering what they told me about having an increase in applicant numbers
Old Apr 18th 2010, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

I got a letter in the mail today saying I had been assigned a case officer and that the anticipated processing time is 4 months. That's encouraging news considering what they told me about having an increase in applicant numbers
That sounds good timing, we were told it's usually 8 months, lucky you!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 3:04 am
Account Closed

No, not yet. I shall be looking out for the postman every morning from now on
Old Apr 19th 2010, 6:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I was like that Big Sticks. I think we have a new syndrome.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

irish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of lightirish_eyes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
After just over 3 years in New Zealand (we got PR 5 years ago)the boss & I have decided to apply to become a couple of Kiwis. Keeping that "the powers that be" grant us citizenship.

I'm guessing it will take a number of months before we'll hear anything (unless it's a very quick 'bugger off') & can crack open the bubbly.

Although I'm proud to be born & bred in England, I can't imagine ever going back there to live. Yes, there are aspects of British life I miss but I'm more content living here. We have been lucky enough to make some great friends & get involved in stuff eg. the theatre, kayaking etc. that we wouldn't have done in the UK.

So it's NZ for us
wow thats great news!!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BEVS
I was like that Big Sticks. I think we have a new syndrome.
Can you come up with a name for this new syndrome please? I like to know what I'm suffering from
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by irish_eyes
wow thats great news!!
Thanks hun
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, I hope I get to that place sometime
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:03 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations VS

Ha only another 3.5 years to go for me...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.