Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Just applied for Citizenship today.

Just applied for Citizenship today.

Old Jun 29th 2010, 11:23 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Just applied for Citizenship today.

Originally Posted by londonescapee
the only dilema you may have is who to support in the World Cup next year (if you are into rugby of course )
No dilemma for us either. We'll be supporting England.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 12:24 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Got my ceremony date in the mail today, which will be on 16 August at Auckland Town Hall

Pretty quick turnaround as well, the date is just 2 months and a bit after receiving approval
Old Jul 24th 2010, 1:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Not long to go then.

Our friends had their citizenship ceremony last Thursday so we went along to support and congratulate. It's a happy day.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by urbanproject
Got my ceremony date in the mail today, which will be on 16 August at Auckland Town Hall

Pretty quick turnaround as well, the date is just 2 months and a bit after receiving approval
well done, quick work- that is such good news!
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:54 am

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS
Not long to go then.

Our friends had their citizenship ceremony last Thursday so we went along to support and congratulate. It's a happy day.
I'm looking forward to it actually, the letter said there will be 500 people attending the ceremony (excluding guests ect)

Do you remember how everyone was dressed when you attended with your friends? The letter states high dress standard but not sure what that is in Kiwi standards
Old Jul 25th 2010, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Wilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to all

I'm looking forward to it actually, the letter said there will be 500 people attending the ceremony (excluding guests ect)

Do you remember how everyone was dressed when you attended with your friends? The letter states high dress standard but not sure what that is in Kiwi standards

Old Aug 18th 2010, 7:29 am

It's now official, I've been a a New Zealand citizen (certificate and all) since 16 August 2010
Old Aug 21st 2010, 3:34 am
Just Joined

Caza01 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's now official, I've been a a New Zealand citizen (certificate and all) since 16 August 2010
Hi there, I'm new to this site, been in NZ for 4 years and wondered if anyone knows if you can pre apply for citizenship or do you have to wait until your 5 years is up until you can put in your application?
Old Aug 21st 2010, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Caza01
Hi there, I'm new to this site, been in NZ for 4 years and wondered if anyone knows if you can pre apply for citizenship or do you have to wait until your 5 years is up until you can put in your application?
Hiya,

As far as I understand, you can't apply for pre-citizenship, and you can't put an application in unless you're fully eligible.

The DIA has a helpful online calculator to find out if you're eligible or not:

http://www.dia.govt.nz/web/cctool.ns...nship?OpenForm

I was eligible under the 3 year rule, since my PR application has been accepted prior to 21 April 2005.

All the best,

Jen
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 7:13 am
Just Joined

Caza01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for thatr I thought as much, never mind just have to wait until my 5 years is up!!