junk mail

Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute
Default junk mail

I've just heard the postman, & I've skipped to the door hoping it's gonna be something 'exciting'!!

No such bloody luck!!

5 letters:
1. an invitation from a clairvoyant...why?
2. I've won £23000..but need to send off £25 for admin!!
3. A loan company.....do I need money? Hell yeah..but I don't want to pay it back!!
4. Quote for house insurance...again!
5. I've been awarded a holiday, but we have to attend a 2 hr meeting about timeshare before we receive it!! Sounds interesting!

I am absoultely sick to the back teeth of the crap that throws itself onto my porch floor!! :curse: :curse:

Does this still happen in NZ?

Anyway...rant over...sorry everyone
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: junk mail

register with the mail preference service.... we only get junk once or twice a month now, if that... good to stop it landing after you've departed too!

google mail preference service - it's free!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stoof
register with the mail preference service.... we only get junk once or twice a month now, if that... good to stop it landing after you've departed too!

google mail preference service - it's free!
You can also stop cold calling on telephone preference.

June
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

I have actually done both these things, but they always seem to creep back in when your backs turned!

O well, I shall try again...hopefully this will be the last time!!

Just wondered if we should expect the same when we arrive in NZ?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
I have actually done both these things, but they always seem to creep back in when your backs turned!

O well, I shall try again...hopefully this will be the last time!!

Just wondered if we should expect the same when we arrive in NZ?
My daughter left the UK 2 years ago and junk mail still arrives at her old house. (we kept in touch with the people who bought it). This is what you should do if there is a prepaid envelope inside send everything back to them saying not required or write return to sender they will have to pay for the postage. Regarding the telephone calls ask them to hold on a minute with an excuse like someone at the door and forget to go back they will be paying for the call.

My daughter does not have a problem in NZ.

June
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

The junk mail here in NZ that fills my mailbox on a daily basis isn't those kind of letters, it's loads of advertising flyers from the supermarkets, electrical stores, etc etc. I have to be careful and check through all the cr@p to see if any 'real' post has got caught up with it all before I throw it in the recycle box!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

good idea about sending it back in their own pre paid envelope

when they ring I used to try & be polite, but I'm afraid I just put the phone down on them now! I know they're only doing their job, but surely they don't have to be so annoying!!

Glad they don't have the same problem in NZ....my husband will be chuffed too...he's a postman (reformed electrician!!) & has to carry all the junk mail around...they've started with catalogues now....guess how thrilled he is!! :curse: Bless him...I just keep telling him to think about his muscles!!

Cheers, Cheryl x
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cappuccino
The junk mail here in NZ that fills my mailbox on a daily basis isn't those kind of letters, it's loads of advertising flyers from the supermarkets, electrical stores, etc etc. I have to be careful and check through all the cr@p to see if any 'real' post has got caught up with it all before I throw it in the recycle box!
I seem to remember on my daughters mailbox it says no flyers and its not permitted. I could be wrong though.

June
Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:39 pm
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

Ive lived in NZ for 2 years now, and I'm pleased to say ive not had a single piece of junk mail. Unlike the 4 or 5 a day I used to get in the UK

Lot of flyers from Supermarkets, electrical stores etc and two free newspapers a week but no junk mail. And I can stop those if I wish by putting a " No Circulars" label on the mailbox.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
I seem to remember on my daughters mailbox it says no flyers and its not permitted. I could be wrong though.

June
Thanks June - I will try putting a sticker on and see what happens. In the UK they used to ignore stickers like that but maybe here they will take note.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 10:54 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Thanks June - I will try putting a sticker on and see what happens. In the UK they used to ignore stickers like that but maybe here they will take note.

My daughter used to deliver the flyers, and yes they do take notice of the 'no circulars' signs ( or at least here in Marlborough they do)
Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:16 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
I've just heard the postman, & I've skipped to the door hoping it's gonna be something 'exciting'!!

No such bloody luck!!

5 letters:
1. an invitation from a clairvoyant...why?
2. I've won £23000..but need to send off £25 for admin!!
3. A loan company.....do I need money? Hell yeah..but I don't want to pay it back!!
4. Quote for house insurance...again!
5. I've been awarded a holiday, but we have to attend a 2 hr meeting about timeshare before we receive it!! Sounds interesting!

I am absoultely sick to the back teeth of the crap that throws itself onto my porch floor!! :curse: :curse:

Does this still happen in NZ?

Anyway...rant over...sorry everyone
You are funny Cheryl!!

We have "No Junk Mail" on our mail box and they seem to adhere to it (clearly I've told my daughter to ignore the signs if she's delivering my mail drops!!!!)

(I have some photos and details to email to you tomorrow.)
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
You are funny Cheryl!!

We have "No Junk Mail" on our mail box and they seem to adhere to it (clearly I've told my daughter to ignore the signs if she's delivering my mail drops!!!!)

(I have some photos and details to email to you tomorrow.)
cheers Caroline

looking forward to seeing the future 'Rice Mansion'

Old Jul 19th 2008, 1:34 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Obviously a real estate thing! My father (formerly in real estate when I was a young nipper) used to instruct my brother and I to do the same thing!!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Obviously a real estate thing! My father (formerly in real estate when I was a young nipper) used to instruct my brother and I to do the same thing!!

LOL!! They are obviously the same the world over!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.