Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Joys of Getting a NZ Passport

The Joys of Getting a NZ Passport

Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:48 am
My word is my bond.

Arthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud of
Default The Joys of Getting a NZ Passport

I have been asked to provide a copy of my marriage certificate. Also a copy of my decree absolute, decree nisi, and every speeding offence since I have been in NZ just to be considered for a citizenship. No guarantee just considered. Anyone would think they did not want more citizens of this fine country.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Joys of Getting a NZ Passport

Originally Posted by Arthur Daley
I have been asked to provide a copy of my marriage certificate. Also a copy of my decree absolute, decree nisi, and every speeding offence since I have been in NZ just to be considered for a citizenship. No guarantee just considered. Anyone would think they did not want more citizens of this fine country.
It's just quality control!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:33 am
My word is my bond.

Arthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Markk
It's just quality control!
Very good.
I have also had to provide one of my kidney's and promise that I stay in NZ for the next 97 years.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Very good.
I have also had to provide one of my kidney's and promise that I stay in NZ for the next 97 years.
I thank you!
Seriously though, they are just trying to justify the $17000 fee for your application by making it look like they have to do something!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:04 am
My word is my bond.

I thank you!
Seriously though, they are just trying to justify the $17000 fee for your application by making it look like they have to do something!
Yes, it is far from cheap.
I will go thru with it though. Hopefully my slightly faster than average driving style will not prevent me from planting a cultural tree and singing a very confused national anthem with great gusto.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Yes, it is far from cheap.
I will go thru with it though. Hopefully my slightly faster than average driving style will not prevent me from planting a cultural tree and singing a very confused national anthem with great gusto.
How many times have you been stopped then?
The more points on your license the more likely you are to be accepted. It show's that you have embraced the culture and have made an effort to fit in!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:16 am
nik
Forum Regular

nik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nicenik is just really nice

The more points on your license the more likely you are to be accepted. It show's that you have embraced the culture and have made an effort to fit in!
So true!!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:41 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It show's that you have embraced the culture and have made an effort to fit in!
True. To help with that my husband twice attempted to decapitate the Mayor with the New Zealand flagpole on the day of our ceremony.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:40 am
My word is my bond.

How many times have you been stopped then?
Well I have been stopped a few times now - mainly for doing about 109 in a 100 zone which is fair enough as after all I am still speeding.
What gets me is though is when a 30 year old car worth about 300 dollars fitted with the optional 1000 dollar exhaust designed for the brain dead screams past my house doing nearly 170 there is not a traffic cop in sight. Ironically those F*wits have probably already got a NZ passport that they will never use anyway.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 4:23 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The Joys of Getting a NZ Passport

Ironically those F*wits have probably already got a NZ passport that they will never use anyway.
It’s a matter of economics, on state highways you might write tickets at a rate of four or so per hour so writing one or two per night on your street is a pitiful return on taxes spent. Save your spirited driving for the back roads where they don’t bother, lived here coming up 7 years and never had a ticket yet.

When they bring in compulsory third party insurance it’ll sort out the boy racer problem. Insurance companies will not touch a 17 year old with a Mazda Familia (lowered/shiny wheels/loud exhaust, the standard boy racer spec.) with a barge pole.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Charismatic
, lived here coming up 7 years and never had a ticket yet.
We have so much in common.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

cookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Charismatic
, lived here coming up 7 years and never had a ticket yet.
Good stuff!

Fancy having a word with my hubby? been here.....8 weeks hubby has managed to get two sizeable fines...
(either $208 or $280 I tried to not pay attention when he told me!)

For what can only be described as flying through the SAME speed camera twice!! The 2nd was the day after the he had opened the 1st one!!

The best part......he's a very slow driver any other time much to my frustration ....the words sod and law come to mind......along with stupid and husband
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:15 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: The Joys of Getting a NZ Passport

Originally Posted by cookie2b
Fancy having a word with my hubby?
Resentment and anger at his nagging wife is probably manifesting itself in a disregard for the law. In my professional opinion of course…
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:17 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Wink Re: The Joys of Getting a NZ Passport

Originally Posted by BEVS
We have so much in common.
<Starts a Club>
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:42 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookie2b
For what can only be described as flying through the SAME speed camera twice!! The 2nd was the day after the he had opened the 1st one!!
Not the one on East Coast Rd nr Northcross by any chance???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.