Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Journey So Far...........

The Journey So Far...........

Old Jul 1st 2007, 6:06 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Smile The Journey So Far...........

OK, call me superstitious, if you will but when you here the catalogue of problems met so far, you'll see why!

Back in March, I snapped my achilles, 2 days before attending the London Expo! The visit to London was replaced by one to hospital!

We got everything sorted for the ITA to be submitted and found the wife didn't have a proper Birth Certificate, only hours before jumping in the car to come to London to submit the ITA!

Then only 1 hour before setting off, the handbrake cable snapped on the car

By now, I'm thinking, somebody is trying to tell us something and New Zealand is not for us. But, undeterred, we set off regardless.

We spend the night at my dad's, who lives in London, got up in the morning to come into town to submit and find that the Haymarket is closed and a car bomb has been discovered! I really am starting to wonder if all this is a sign!

However, the good news is, NZ House had another entrance and we awere able to submit anyway, so with all the money paid so far, there really is no going back now!

Good luck to you all and whatever comes your way, ignore it and get on with it.

Follow your dreams and remember, you only have one life!!!!!!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 6:50 pm
mrs want2gonow

just sam will become famous soon enoughjust sam will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Journey So Far...........

well you are very determined....good for you . just as well the floods didnt stop you eh. good luck and keep us up to date with what happens. sam
Old Jul 1st 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future

Best of luck to you guys! With that determination you'll get there. How many points have you got? Hopefully loads so you do not have to wait too long to be selected.
Everything crossed.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Maybe that is only the start ?

( wow you are are determined though, it WILL be worth it )

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Jul 1st 2007 at 9:58 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck. I'd actually see all the obstacles in your path as a good sign.
When we applied in 2004 it was all beautifully simple & quick & I thought THAT was a good sign. However, when I came out here (OH had been here for 9wks), I hated everything about NZ & was very homesick. We went back to UK 11wks after I got here

So you see, easy does not = good!
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck - maybe all your bad luck will be left behind.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:17 am
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of

somebodys got to get all the bad luck !! right ??!!??
atleast you know what your all made of, cant imagine there'd be a whole lot that would deter you tbh. sending you some plain sailing karma ! god knows you need it
ceri
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

gazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the rough

Hi and I thought it was only me had all the problems well done mate hang in there not long to go then hopefully. we will be wishing you all the best from now on then...keep us all posted.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug
OK, call me superstitious, if you will but when you here the catalogue of problems met so far, you'll see why!

Back in March, I snapped my achilles, 2 days before attending the London Expo! The visit to London was replaced by one to hospital!

We got everything sorted for the ITA to be submitted and found the wife didn't have a proper Birth Certificate, only hours before jumping in the car to come to London to submit the ITA!

Then only 1 hour before setting off, the handbrake cable snapped on the car

By now, I'm thinking, somebody is trying to tell us something and New Zealand is not for us. But, undeterred, we set off regardless.

We spend the night at my dad's, who lives in London, got up in the morning to come into town to submit and find that the Haymarket is closed and a car bomb has been discovered! I really am starting to wonder if all this is a sign!

However, the good news is, NZ House had another entrance and we awere able to submit anyway, so with all the money paid so far, there really is no going back now!

Good luck to you all and whatever comes your way, ignore it and get on with it.

Follow your dreams and remember, you only have one life!!!!!!
Only you hey!

If i had known you were coming down you and the family could of came over for dinner. Next time maybe..........though I don't suppose you will be making the journey again if you can help it.

Keep plodding along and you will be fine. Good luck to you and the family.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

hi sirplug................... you should not look on this as a sign to stay but a sign to go..car bombs ,terrorists its time to leave this country.i for one am glad to be getting away from this.we need a stress free life and it sounds to me like yours can only get better gl with your move
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

I admit that it's me trying to stop you from escaping. What with Jack determined to leave Notts and you submitting your ITA, YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME HERE, IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!

(Steve get that bloomin' solicitor kicked up the backside so we can sell up and get out there)
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:14 am

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kato33
Only you hey!

If i had known you were coming down you and the family could of came over for dinner. Next time maybe..........though I don't suppose you will be making the journey again if you can help it.

Keep plodding along and you will be fine. Good luck to you and the family.
The old man lives in London, so we'll be down there again soon. I'll let you know the next time we head down there so we can meet up for a few drinks
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by suzi n steve
I admit that it's me trying to stop you from escaping. What with Jack determined to leave Notts and you submitting your ITA, YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME HERE, IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!

(Steve get that bloomin' solicitor kicked up the backside so we can sell up and get out there)
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 6:53 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Sirplug - I'm loving all of your efforts so far, and I do believe that someone very famous and important once said 'Without adversity, there is no triumph'.

Then again, and much more likely, I could have just made it up

For you and yours, I am sure that your triumphant arrival here will be well worth the adversity.

Good luck!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug
The old man lives in London, so we'll be down there again soon. I'll let you know the next time we head down there so we can meet up for a few drinks

Look forward to it.

Don't forget now will ya.