Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Jokes To Keup Us All amused ... My Life?!

Jokes To Keup Us All amused ... My Life?!

Old Oct 12th 2006, 7:40 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jokes To Keep Us All amused ... My Life?!

Am in miffed mode, so do feel free to turn away now whilst I have vaguely incoherent ramble about all that is going wrong!

Alternatively, if feeling charitable and sympathetic, feel free to comment with charitable and sympathetic noises and soothing head strokes to make me feel better!

1. - Apparently, in the absence of original deed Poll Certificate, and despite emails from passport office in Wellington confirming they saw original certificates, Hubby has to change his name by Deed Poll to the name he changed his name by deed Poll to again?! Que? Porquoi? You what?

2. - This could delay application by as much as 4 weeks - I believe!

3. - I had hoped to book flights for mid-January, now don't want to do that incase there are anymore hiccups? Have delayed once before, surely they don't want to put me through it a second time?

4. - PSS were coming to quote for shipping yesterday, then postponed by another 2 weeks as we live in the back of beyond? Not by choice I assure you - we want to move - move us!!

5. - Have found out this week that the 2 eldest who have braces will have to have paid treatment in NZ looking at between $4 -$8k??!! Had not budgeted for that - am in shock!

6. - Our builders appear to be the slowest in the world - do they not know we want them to finish the job? The endless cups of tea are not because we like their company and wish for them to hang out with us indefinately! Can we erally contemplate moving to the other side of the world with the house not sold as per original plan? The house is even less likely to sell coming up to Christmas? But less likely even more with us and 4 kids and 2 dogs living in it after spending a fortune on tarting it up? What to do???

7. - Like many of us I want to SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS - but can't until everything is in place. Frustrated? Have bald patches the size of a small country where I've been pulling my hair out!

And ... exhale!!

I shall leave it there, for fear of imploding - waiter - more wine!

Last edited by Am Loolah; Oct 12th 2006 at 7:54 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Jokes To Keep Us All amused ... My Life?!

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Am in miffed mode, so do feel free to turn away now whilst I have vaguely incoherent ramble about all that is going wrong!

Alternatively, if feeling charitable and sympathetic, feel free to comment with charitable and sympathetic noises and soothing head strokes to make me feel better!

1. - Apparently, in the absence of original deed Poll Certificate, and despite emails from passport office in Wellington confirming they saw original certificates, Hubby has to change his name by Deed Poll to the name he changed his name by deed Poll to again?! Que? Porquoi? You what?

2. - This could delay application by as much as 4 weeks - I believe!

3. - I had hoped to book flights for mid-January, now don't want to do that incase there are anymore hiccups? Have delayed once before, surely they don't want to put me through it a second time?

4. - PSS were coming to quote for shipping yesterday, then postponed by another 2 weeks as we live in the back of beyond? Not by choice I assure you - we want to move - move us!!

5. - Have found out this week that the 2 eldest who have braces will have to have paid treatment in NZ looking at between $4 -$8k??!! Had not budgeted for that - am in shock!

6. - Our builders appear to be the slowest in the world - do they not know we want them to finish the job? The endless cups of tea are not because we like their company and wish for them to hang out with us indefinately! Can we erally contemplate moving to the other side of the world with the house not sold as per original plan? The house is even less likely to sell coming up to Christmas? But less likely even more with us and 4 kids and 2 dogs living in it after spending a fortune on tarting it up? What to do???

7. - Like many of us I want to SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS - but can't until everything is in place. Frustrated? Have bald patches the size of a small country where I've been pulling my hair out!

And ... exhale!!

I shall leave it there, for fear of imploding - waiter - more wine!
welcome to immigrating 101

hang in there.....
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:45 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jokes To Keep Us All amused ... My Life?!

Originally Posted by newkiwi
welcome to immigrating 101

hang in there.....

Ahh, bless you!! Am now going to NZ marriages, births, deaths, road hogs and bungee jumpers anonymous to see if we can find Sir Numnuts of Nutsville's original birth certificate?!
Old Oct 13th 2006, 1:17 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jokes To Keup Us All amused ... My Life?!

Life sucks sometimes huh

Here's some cyber hugs , things will get better just hang in there.