Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Jobs in IT or Purchasing/Buying/Marketing

Jobs in IT or Purchasing/Buying/Marketing

Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jobs in IT or Purchasing/Buying/Marketing

Purchasing/Buying/Marketing - pref. in IT but any field will be ok

Does anyone know of any job vacancies in the above area's that migrants can apply for? I've been everywhere I can think of and applied for hundreds of jobs over the past months but nothing seems to come of them!

If anyone has any leads, we would be most grateful - thankyou to the few of you who have already taken copies of Carl's CV for us!

I hope to be able to return the favour one day soon, possibly by becoming a Childminder for your littlies

You can PM me any details if you prefer xx

Michelle xx
Old Apr 1st 2007, 7:10 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Jobs in IT or Purchasing/Buying/Marketing

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl View Post

Does anyone know of any job vacancies in the above area's that migrants can apply for? I've been everywhere I can think of and applied for hundreds of jobs over the past months but nothing seems to come of them!

If anyone has any leads, we would be most grateful - thankyou to the few of you who have already taken copies of Carl's CV for us!

I hope to be able to return the favour one day soon, possibly by becoming a Childminder for your littlies

Michelle xx
I assume that you are still off shore which obviously makes it more tricky. If you were in WGTN and you (or OH) have reasonable IT skills I am told that there are plenty of vacancies. I know of one company that has 60 unfilled positions.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 7:23 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Jobs in IT or Purchasing/Buying/Marketing

Michelle xx
My experience with trying to get job hunt from outside NZ is that the Kiwi’s rarely take folk serious unless there are actually here. There is the exception to that.

My advise to folk that are really set on coming over to NZ is to come over here and get the ball rolling. We were in somewhat of a different scenario as we were in South Africa and took the bull by the horns, sold our house and business & said we will just make things work. It’s not an easy route but it paid off for us.

I normally suggest to folk considering NZ is to do as much research as possible and try to get to the place that you feel NZ is really for you ( as much as you can outside the country).

If you are here and get offered a job in a skills sector that the employer can prove they are struggling to find someone to fill the role the immigration will grant you a work permit.

You must remember that if the employer is not a pre-approved employer they (the company) will have to go thorough quite an administrative task on it’s own to satisfy to the NZIS that all is legit. That is why the posts are many times restricted to folk that have the right to work in NZ; they don’t want to go down the track with the immigration.

I think that scenario speaks volumes as it is an area that NZ (in my opinion) needs to re-think as they have a serious skills shortage here. I re-emphasise to do the research as NZ is not for everyone and the salaries here are not great compared to other countries.

Cheers and good luck
Old Apr 1st 2007, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle xx
Hi Michelle,
Can you give me any idea of what Carl does in IT.
We found we had to be here in order for Matthew to have any chance of securing an IT position. That said it only took two days.
If you like PM me with details, im happy to pass you the details of who he spoke to. If we can help at all from here please let us know.
Is there any reason why you cant just come here, you can do everything from this end.
Happy to help
Carole
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Michelle xx
Hi Michelle,
OH is in purchasing. He works as a procurement consultant in Auckland. He got the job whilst in the UK, through a recruitment consultant. I think the company was called The January Group. I have no contact details as OH at work & I'm stuck in the library! He was also in touch with Hudson Group. Try googling & you may come up with something.
OH used to work for Auckland District Health Board at Greenlane site, also in purchasing. I think they are looking for purchasing people.
Sorry this isn't too specific but hope it helps a bit
Good luck, Annie
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnnieNell View Post
Hi Michelle,
OH is in purchasing. He works as a procurement consultant in Auckland. He got the job whilst in the UK, through a recruitment consultant. I think the company was called The January Group. I have no contact details as OH at work & I'm stuck in the library! He was also in touch with Hudson Group. Try googling & you may come up with something.
OH used to work for Auckland District Health Board at Greenlane site, also in purchasing. I think they are looking for purchasing people.
Sorry this isn't too specific but hope it helps a bit
Good luck, Annie
WOW, Annie thanks! You have just made my morning! Woohoooooooo

Finally Purchasing is in demand, albeit small but still some at least! He works for Dixons Stores Group (the PC World Business part) but he says Purchasing is Purchasing and is quite adaptable

Thanks for the leads, will do some googling this morning and am going to top up my Skype so we can get on the phone cheaper hehe.

Michelle xx

PS: Owe you a for this! Along with all you lovelies who have PMd me with so much help and info - thankyou all - you are all stars!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:14 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

WOW, Annie thanks! You have just made my morning! Woohoooooooo

Finally Purchasing is in demand, albeit small but still some at least! He works for Dixons Stores Group (the PC World Business part) but he says Purchasing is Purchasing and is quite adaptable

Thanks for the leads, will do some googling this morning and am going to top up my Skype so we can get on the phone cheaper hehe.

Michelle xx

PS: Owe you a for this! Along with all you lovelies who have PMd me with so much help and info - thankyou all - you are all stars!
Has your hubby tried the retail chains here like Noel Leeming, Harvey Norman, Bond N Bond etc etc.

Just a thought !

Good luck
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

Try www.linkedin.com to find contacts in NZ - its a networking tool for proffesionals.