Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Jobs In/Around Tauranga?

Jobs In/Around Tauranga?

Old Oct 21st 2006, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of
Default Re: Jobs In/Around Tauranga?

Originally Posted by mojos
Hubbie says just let it go......but annoyed how much Greerton is slated. Your statement was one of the politest ones! Yes there are "bad" streets in Greerton just like other areas in Tauranga. The whole area isn't "rough" though. If anything, I'd say that it's 1 of the smarter and more cared for suburbs of Tauranga.
Yes, Greeton seems ok. Said to be one of the 'up and coming' suburbs.
Merivale on the other hand, haven't heard anything good said about it.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Markk
Yes, Greeton seems ok. Said to be one of the 'up and coming' suburbs.
Merivale on the other hand, haven't heard anything good said about it.
Oh yes, and Greerton is Ok too! ho hum.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

mojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura about

Merivale....no neither have I although heard whispers that that's the next area for investment.

Last edited by mojos; Oct 21st 2006 at 7:37 am.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 8:02 am
Just Joined

kateandmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mojos

Sorry, I will retract what I said about Greerton as I really don't know enough about the area to be condeming it, to be honest I was going on what I have read on other forums. Next time I will think before I write!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

mojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura aboutmojos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kateandmark
Hi Mojos

Sorry, I will retract what I said about Greerton as I really don't know enough about the area to be condeming it, to be honest I was going on what I have read on other forums. Next time I will think before I write!

Yep I've read lots of stuff too. TBH, I didn't use these forums whilst still in the UK and would've probably tarred Greerton with the same brush if I was constantly hearing that it was being slagged off. IMO, the area definitely doesn't deserve to be slagged off though.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:45 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, right what I have found thus far rental wise are Papamoa Beach Road, (I mean that's got to be good right? Beach? Road?!!) Holiday Let, probably too short for when we'd like to come, Stoddart Place, Brookfield. Kimber Grove, Papamoa (from description doesn't sound too enticing!) Thus far, that's it!!

It's a lot to take in from here in the UK based on a description and one photo - what are we lokoing at?! I could make an estate in Bodmin, Cornwall sound good and look ok from one entry and one photo on a website - and I'd be lying!!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Hi there, right what I have found thus far rental wise are Papamoa Beach Road, (I mean that's got to be good right? Beach? Road?!!) Holiday Let, probably too short for when we'd like to come, Stoddart Place, Brookfield. Kimber Grove, Papamoa (from description doesn't sound too enticing!) Thus far, that's it!!

It's a lot to take in from here in the UK based on a description and one photo - what are we lokoing at?! I could make an estate in Bodmin, Cornwall sound good and look ok from one entry and one photo on a website - and I'd be lying!!

It depends which bit of Papamoa Beach Road it is. Some stuff is really beach front, but most is seperated from the beach by the road and sand dunes. You may as well be a few streets back and pay much less rent in my opinion.
Not sure about Kimber Grove, I know it's in the Domain Road area in Papamoa, so it should be OK.
Stoddart Place is OK, near town and everything really. Which number? I'll take a look next time I drive past!
Are you looking for a holiday rental or a longer term? How many of you are there?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 5:53 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

It depends which bit of Papamoa Beach Road it is. Some stuff is really beach front, but most is seperated from the beach by the road and sand dunes. You may as well be a few streets back and pay much less rent in my opinion.
Not sure about Kimber Grove, I know it's in the Domain Road area in Papamoa, so it should be OK.
Stoddart Place is OK, near town and everything really. Which number? I'll take a look next time I drive past!
Are you looking for a holiday rental or a longer term? How many of you are there?
Sorry for the delay in replying - I lost the thread!!

And now I can't find the damn print out of the properties for the number! Ah, found it, obvious really - was on top of the fridge - see I knew my filing system worked! Number 20 Stoddart Place, is the holiday let maybe too short a period to be of much use to us depending on when we come over! The other one was 440 Papamoa Beach Road.

We want an initial furnished and equipped holiday let from roughly mid-January. For say 3 weeks, to allow us time to find an unfurnished longer term rental. For 2 adults and 6 children.

We're pretty sure we'll struggle to find anyone willing to have the dogs, but have found a kennels in Papamoa which we shall investigate further.

Thanks for your help.