Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Jobs and Accommodation in Christchurch?

Jobs and Accommodation in Christchurch?

Old Feb 24th 2016, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Ako_15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jobs and Accommodation in Christchurch?

Hi, single 28 year old brit planning on coming to nz on a working holiday visa in March/April 2016.

Having done the whole 'backpacker' scene as a teen I am more interested in renting private rather than hostels and finding office based work in the CBD or at the airport, as I currently have a good job at a large UK airport. I just wondered if anyone could give any advice on my prospects of finding work and a flat/apartment to rent in Christchurch, as I see this as my favoured location in nz?

Any advice on accommodation/jobs/lifestyle as I am keen to keep fit and continue my saturday/sunday league football up would be very much appreciated!

Hope everyone is good.
Old Feb 24th 2016, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs and Accommodation in Christchurch?

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Not many vacancies at CIAL at the moment unfortunately
Christchurch International Airport Limited - Vacancies
Plenty of soccer leagues in Christchurch for you and the wonderful Port Hills and Southern Alps to keep your fitness levels up.
Good luck!
Old Feb 24th 2016, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

Ako_15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jobs and Accommodation in Christchurch?

No worries, thanks for the info :-) It's a shame it isn't looking great at the airport but hopefully I can apply my skills elsewhere if that's what I need to do.

Although I currently have a good job in the UK, I just really fancy a change and I am not so happy in my current role. New Zealand has appealed to me for a number of years and I finally feel the time is right to make the move!

I will keep doing my research and any other info and advice would be appreciated to make the move easier.