jobs

Old Apr 13th 2009, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of
Default jobs

Hi

just thought you'd all be interested in this one.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/2331...rs-lured-to-UK

j.j.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: jobs

Don't think I would be tempted knowing what I do as my 2 friends are SW working in children and family here in Scotland.

Phyl x
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Essex or New Zealand...mmmmm, tough choice!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

There may be a few tempted by the salary. I doubt if social workers here earn anything like that. However, I would've thought social work would've differed so much in UK that they'd have to retrain.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:36 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

This has been going on for ages - the advertising in TNT, Down Under, a few expat papers etc. Half the social workers I used to work with were Kiwi, Australian and Saffa (I worked in social services - housing & homecare).

Also, I hate to admit it but a fair few were on those salaries - more around the 30k - 35k mark though. Then again, that was a few years ago. The ones who were employed directly by the councils weren't admittedly paid as high but the ones on temp contracts (are SWorkers 'locums' as well?) certainly got paid well.

I think there were a couple of differences with the job and training in the UK. I vaguely recall one person mentioning about how she was a team Social worker and not sole charge?? Not sure what that meant as far as I could tell she certainly visited people on her own and wasn't treated as an 'assistant' or anything. I can't recall if she had any other required training to work there though.