Reload this Page >

Job search for New Zealand

Job search for New Zealand

Old Aug 18th 2003, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

anishpadela is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Job search for New Zealand

Dear Friends,

This is my first post. I have my PR applicaiton ready with all docuemtns with NZQA, IELTS and PCC. To reflect the policy change, I need job offer for NZ with application. My questions are:

1. Whats the possibility of arranging job offer sitting in current country of residence, i.e. UAE???
2. If I decide to visit NZ for same purpose, will I be denied visitor visa if purpose becomes public to Immigration officer??
3. After entry on visit and managing job also, how can we expend the stay at NZ ???
4. After getting and working there too, what shall we apply for PR or work permit and how much time it will take to manage one??

I would appreciate if you could share your vital information,

Rgds
Anish
Old Aug 18th 2003, 4:19 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job search for New Zealand

Originally posted by anishpadela
Dear Friends,

This is my first post. I have my PR applicaiton ready with all docuemtns with NZQA, IELTS and PCC. To reflect the policy change, I need job offer for NZ with application. My questions are:

1. Whats the possibility of arranging job offer sitting in current country of residence, i.e. UAE???
2. If I decide to visit NZ for same purpose, will I be denied visitor visa if purpose becomes public to Immigration officer??
3. After entry on visit and managing job also, how can we expend the stay at NZ ???
4. After getting and working there too, what shall we apply for PR or work permit and how much time it will take to manage one??

I would appreciate if you could share your vital information,

Rgds
Anish
Anish, hi welcome to the forum,

1. Possible if you have skills in demand - low unemployment in NZ right now.
2. Just say you are a tourist and make sure you can demonstrate funds (eg credit cards, bank statement - not likely).
3. Can extend visitor's visa once; if you get a valid job offer, easy enough to get a work permit.
4. Up to you, both are possible options.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

martinw is an unknown quantity at this point

You may also be able to go on 12 month work visa if your 18 - 30

Also some agents are now linking up with job searchers in NZ to try and overcome situation, your post says your in london so you could try - overseas-emigration .co.uk they have just started this

Martin & Ginni
Old Aug 19th 2003, 6:47 am
Just Joined

anishpadela is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Anish, hi welcome to the forum,

1. Possible if you have skills in demand - low unemployment in NZ right now.
2. Just say you are a tourist and make sure you can demonstrate funds (eg credit cards, bank statement - not likely).
3. Can extend visitor's visa once; if you get a valid job offer, easy enough to get a work permit.
4. Up to you, both are possible options.
Hi

Thanks for the answer. So the plan could be devised like:
Try to get employment sitting over here for some time. If unable to get, arrange visit visa for 3 months as tourist, go there get the job and start working. Apply for PR or Work permit and get it too. Now the questions are:

1. How much time generally PR application takes if filed from NZ on visit visa only while working?? Any idea???
2. What if PR got rejection, can we apply for work permit thenafter??

Rgds
Anish
Old Aug 19th 2003, 8:32 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by anishpadela
Hi

Thanks for the answer. So the plan could be devised like:
Try to get employment sitting over here for some time. If unable to get, arrange visit visa for 3 months as tourist, go there get the job and start working. Apply for PR or Work permit and get it too. Now the questions are:

1. How much time generally PR application takes if filed from NZ on visit visa only while working?? Any idea???
2. What if PR got rejection, can we apply for work permit thenafter??

Rgds
Anish
Anish,

1. Depends on your location - AKL is meant to be the slowest. Count on the full 6 months but it could be quicker.

2. Yes. Rejection for PR doesn't mean you can't apply for other visas. You can also re-apply for PR if you wish (eg your points change or the NZIS points passmark changesd).