Reload this Page >

Job Prospects (insurance) for Partner in Auckland

Job Prospects (insurance) for Partner in Auckland

Old Jul 29th 2016, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Jpearson92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Prospects (insurance) for Partner in Auckland

Hi everyone,

I have been offered an assignment (2 years or so) in NZ internally with work and I am just waiting for my offer to come through.

I have to decide to go alone or with my partner and am seeking some advice on the following:

- What are the chances of her obtaining a partner status on my visa (unmarried, together for one year and live together)?

- What opportunities for Jobs in Insurance (commercial/personal lines) for her? She isn't degree qualified but had 4+ years experience and has all her broker licenses in the UK? We have checked her occupation on the NZ immigration website and believe she would fit under the skilled migrant category.

- What is the best way for her to search for a job? ideally we would like to start looking before we move to see if it is viable.

Any help or advice would be kindly appreciated

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 29th 2016, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Prospects (insurance) for Partner in Auckland

both my step daughters worked in insurance in Auckland, and jobs / promotions seemed to
come up fairly regularly

State, sovereign, southern cross, Vero, AIG all have head offices in Auckland or on the north shore
so I think there will be plenty of opportunities
Old Jul 29th 2016, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Thank you for response that is encouraging could you advise if they were NZ citizens or on a visa?

Last edited by Jpearson92; Jul 29th 2016 at 9:01 am.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

So long as you can provide sufficient evidence of a loving stable relationship of at least 12 months living together there's no reason why she wouldn't be able to get a temporary work visa via the family stream partnership category. She wouldn't need a job offer or even have to work but it gives her the right to live study and work in NZ with you. Her visa would be on the basis that you have a temporary work visa. You would apply for both at the same time and the expiry dates (if approved) would match.
No need to go the skilled Migrant Category route unless you want to remain permanently but you could decide that at a later stage and apply from within nz.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jpearson92
Thank you for response that is encouraging could you advise if they were NZ citizens or on a visa?
both are kiwis, born and bred but they work with folks from UK, south africa, PI and aussies, they are a pretty mixed bunch
Old Jul 29th 2016, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Thank you both for your responses - both really encouraging!
Old Jul 29th 2016, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

OH works for IAG in Auckland. They are currently laying off staff and 'rationalising' the business. Not suprisingly, a recent staff satisfaction survey showed that staff morale was extremely low. OH won't be surprised if he is made redundant in the next few months.