Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Job Offers from NZ?

Job Offers from NZ?

Old Oct 26th 2006, 11:39 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Offers from NZ?

When somebody offers you a job from NZ and you're in the UK are they a member of any particular body, are they responsible for getting you over there in anyway, like a Guarantor? A Sponsor? Do they need to be registered in anyway? Can they just be a bog-standard nobody with a placement? Do they need to prove to immigration that a Kiwi can't fill that role so they need an immigrant?

Last edited by Am Loolah; Oct 26th 2006 at 11:41 pm. Reason: Vodka spilt on keyboard!
Old Oct 26th 2006, 11:43 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offers from NZ?

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
When somebody offers you a job from NZ and you're in the UK are they a member of any particular body, are they responsible for getting you over there in anyway, like a Guarantor? A Sponsor? Do they need to be registered in anyway? Can they just be a bog-standard nobody with a placement?

No unfortunately not!!!

Gotta be an accredited employer, see NZIS, or be on the skills shortage list.

Employer also has to prove that they need you to immigration.

Look under work to residence visa details
Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
No unfortunately not!!!

Gotta be an accredited employer, see NZIS, or be on the skills shortage list.

Employer also has to prove that they need you to immigration.

Look under work to residence visa details
Bugger, everytime I try to log on NZIS I get the password bit wrong and they freeze me out!!! They soooo hate me already!!! Can't I just go tomorrow, bugger the paperwork?! Hubby is Kiwi. Should have been born in Eastern Europe coming to UK - so much more straightforward!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

When somebody offers you a job from NZ and you're in the UK are they a member of any particular body, are they responsible for getting you over there in anyway, like a Guarantor? A Sponsor? Do they need to be registered in anyway? Can they just be a bog-standard nobody with a placement? Do they need to prove to immigration that a Kiwi can't fill that role so they need an immigrant?
anybody can offer you a job.

if you want to claim points for the job offer for purposes of immigration, then they have to either be a nominated employer or get some form of approval from the immigration department. but if you are not claiming points for a job offer, and you qualifiy for PR on your own, then you can get anybody to offer you a job.

some companies may offer you a contribution towards relocation as part of your offer, but they are not obligated.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 5:55 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger, everytime I try to log on NZIS I get the password bit wrong and they freeze me out!!! They soooo hate me already!!! Can't I just go tomorrow, bugger the paperwork?! Hubby is Kiwi. Should have been born in Eastern Europe coming to UK - so much more straightforward!
Hiya. Do you have your PR already? What do you do? Sorry if you've said this before
Old Oct 31st 2006, 8:59 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

AL,

As hubbie is a kiwi by birth (& thus kids are too - by descent) and you are keen to move quickly, why don't you just go on a 6 month visitor visa? (And apply for PR from NZ).

Alternatively you could apply for PR now (he would sponsor you as a kiwi) or get a working visa since this is usually quicker (so NZIS told me) although IMHO it's completely unnecessary since it will be more expensive in the long run and you are also very unlikely not to get PR - pending medicals & police searches obviously. So why the job offer? (Apart from the obvious need money to live answer )
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:10 pm
England til I die

UKGrant23 will become famous soon enough

Apply under the partnership category, if you have your medical and police check done, you could get a 2 year work visa (only takes a couple of weeks to come back), and apply for your Residency in the meantime. Saying this, it took me weeks just to fill in the forms
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:19 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKGrant23
Apply under the partnership category, if you have your medical and police check done, you could get a 2 year work visa (only takes a couple of weeks to come back), and apply for your Residency in the meantime. Saying this, it took me weeks just to fill in the forms
I concur that this is the same info NZIS gave me.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 5:58 pm
England til I die

Yes I was doing my parrot routine........although I did add that you can get your work visa back in less than 2 weeks.

I'm leaving UK on Monday, can't wait to get back out there.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 6:21 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I was doing my parrot routine........although I did add that you can get your work visa back in less than 2 weeks.

I'm leaving UK on Monday, can't wait to get back out there.
Good luck mate

I am having a recce visit in January

Where are you heading?

PS Notts lad
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:52 pm
England til I die

Heading to Wellington.

Forest fan??? I'm gonna miss watchin the tricky trees when I go.

One more day at work
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:55 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Forest fan??? I'm gonna miss watchin the tricky trees when I go.

One more day at work
Oh yeah. Red through and through

Where in Notts are you from?

Good look you lucky sod

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 6:13 pm
England til I die

Good lad.

From Eastwood, so you can imagine how thrilled I am to be leaving!!

Cheers mate
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
As hubbie is a kiwi by birth (& thus kids are too - by descent)
This is how I got Kerry and her son their visas for PR.

Need lots of evidence of realtionship but its the best way.

Cheers
Dirk
Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Kerry & Dirk
This is how I got Kerry and her son their visas for PR.

Need lots of evidence of realtionship but its the best way.

Cheers
Dirk
NZIS have my application for PR under the Partnership Policy, Hubster sponsoring me(?!) and the kids stuff for citizenship by descent and passports is all in too. Have still been told it will take up to 4 months (from beginning of October.)

Just wondering if I got a job offer from hubby's family whether it would speed things up as want to be there mid-January as have had to give term's notice for the two eldest at school. Which means there's no education for them after Xmas. Hmmmm ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.