Reload this Page >

job offers and eoi?

job offers and eoi?

Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

JENNYMG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default job offers and eoi?

hi can anyone advise on position.
no job offer as yet but as a nurse i've been told "when I arrive" it shouldnt be a problem
but am i likely to get a eoi without a job offer?
bit confused on options
thanks
jennifer
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: job offers and eoi?

Originally Posted by JENNYMG
hi can anyone advise on position.
no job offer as yet but as a nurse i've been told "when I arrive" it shouldnt be a problem
but am i likely to get a eoi without a job offer?
bit confused on options
thanks
jennifer
Hi Jennifer,

In my opinion, you are very likely to with your qualifications. I believe there are always nurses needed (I am always hearing of staffing problems especially in Auckland and Hamilton)....so I am sure you would get an EOI. Hopefully others on this forum that are nurses will be able to tell you a bit more.

Good Luck!!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 11:40 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
It seems like it's not a problem for nurses to get a job offer before arriving in NZ, hopefully someone else will confirm that.
I think you mean ITA and not EOI. Nurses are on the long term skills shortage list so as long as you have the correct qualifications and over 100points you are likely to have your EOI selected very quickly.
It will take longer to get an ITA without a job offer but you should get one if everything is in order.
You can get PR without having a job offer but you can only get this if you have occupational registration in NZ. If you are not fully registered then you will get a WTR visa instead.
I had no job offer and got PR last year. So you could do the whole process before arriving in NZ if you wish
Sue

Last edited by Persephone; Apr 1st 2009 at 11:41 pm. Reason: bad spelling!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hubby is a nurse and has secured a job offer before we did our EOI , we waited to do our EOi so we had enough points to be automacally selected from pool.....have you contacted hospitals in the aeras of your choice in NZ to see what vacancies they have in your aera of nursing ....we did and they were very very helpful, the first thing i suggest you do is get your NZ nursing registration as that takes quite a while and a must , that is one of the first question hubby got asked about when speaking to them.

Good luck
Ginny & Scott