Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

job offers for emigrating to NZ

job offers for emigrating to NZ

Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job offers for emigrating to NZ

Originally Posted by sarah1990
no i havent because i dont want to apply yet because im not fully qualified yet! so i was just going to see if any one no's of it because id prefer to wait make sure i qualify but just see if any one has done it or doing it!
Its just an indicator-you are not commiting to anything or applying for anything. It just tells you how many points you may have if you choose to apply.
HTH.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

sarah1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RobDon
Its just an indicator-you are not commiting to anything or applying for anything. It just tells you how many points you may have if you choose to apply.
HTH.
yh i soppose u are ryt but they have all your details so i dont want it to ruin my chances x
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute

yh i soppose u are ryt but they have all your details so i dont want it to ruin my chances x
Actually, they don't get your details. The points indicator does not require you to enter any personal details, even your name, on it, so it is completely anonymous. The points indicator is just an indicator that you can play with to see how well you would do regarding the points, it's not an application. The indicator is really useful for figuring out how many points you can expect to get. It's not until you start filling in the actual Expression of Interest form that you need to put down your personal details.

As far as I know, going to the NZ embassy would not help you as the NZIS is the official NZ authority that takes care of the immigration issues, so at the embassy they would only direct you to the NZIS. If you live in London or somewhere nearby, you could go to the New Zealand House in Haymarket and to the NZIS office there to ask questions that are specific to your situation. We went there last week and they were really helpful and nice -even if we had some really dumb questions.

Even if your job is not on the skilled migrant list, you might still be able to enter NZ using the temporary work permit if you get a job offer from NZ. See http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rktemporarily/
Also check out some of the earlier threads on this forum about hairdressers emigrating to NZ. Those threads will give you a lot information about your work prospects in NZ.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

No they don't . It is only a points indicator to help someone know what points they can hope to obtain.

is there no way u can go out there and find work still emigrating? any one no any hairdressers who have been offered a job in nz whilst here
With some occupations it is possible to get a job offer from the UK but that would not be true of hairdressing unless you were perhaps a manager.

In any case, although hairdresser is seen as a skilled occupation there are no shortages of hairdressers in New Zealand, so any NZ hairdressing salon offering you a job would have to prove that there was no NZ citizen or resident that could take that job.

thanks how long did it take u overall to emigrate?
Everyone's application and time-line is different.

did u go throu an agency?
Some people do. Some people don't.

did it cost a lot? if u dont mind me asking x
Do you mean the New Zealand Immigration Service fees?

Please see HERE & follow the NZIS link to their current fees.

Please see the previous post here which has links to help.

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 11th 2009 at 12:51 am. Reason: add stuff