Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

job offers for emigrating to NZ

job offers for emigrating to NZ

Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

sarah1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default job offers for emigrating to NZ

Hey i was just reading through some bits and bobs and noticed a couple of ppl have said they are waiting for a job offer before being able to apply to emigrate.. is there no way u can go out there and find work still emigrating? any one no any hairdressers who have been offered a job in nz whilst here?? thanks
Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: job offers for emigrating to NZ

Originally Posted by sarah1990
Hey i was just reading through some bits and bobs and noticed a couple of ppl have said they are waiting for a job offer before being able to apply to emigrate.. is there no way u can go out there and find work still emigrating? any one no any hairdressers who have been offered a job in nz whilst here?? thanks
HI,

We have just received our permanent residents visas without a job offer, so it can be done!
Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris
HI,

We have just received our permanent residents visas without a job offer, so it can be done!
ahh thats great congrats! did u have a skill for it what have u got they helped u get into nz? if u dont mind me asking

thanks
Old Jun 8th 2009, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

ahh thats great congrats! did u have a skill for it what have u got they helped u get into nz? if u dont mind me asking

thanks
Hi,

OH has a skill shortage qualification - environmental science degree. Both of us have degrees and both under 30 (just) which also helps!!
If you need any more advice just ask!

J x
Old Jun 8th 2009, 7:19 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

OH has a skill shortage qualification - environmental science degree. Both of us have degrees and both under 30 (just) which also helps!!

J x
My husband was on the skills shortage list, and we are well over 40 and got our Residency without a job offer too
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

J x
thanks how long did it take u overall to emigrate? did u go throu an agency? did it cost a lot? if u dont mind me asking x
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks how long did it take u overall to emigrate? did u go throu an agency? did it cost a lot? if u dont mind me asking x
Hi Sarah,

It took seven months from submitting our EOI to getting our PR, we are trying to find jobs at the moment but if we have little success we will go out without and search when we are there!
We didnt use an agency just did it ourselves to save money, it wasn't difficult just time consuming! I haven't heard good reports about using agencies, they seem to charge excessive amounts for not a lot!

J x
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sarah,

It took seven months from submitting our EOI to getting our PR, we are trying to find jobs at the moment but if we have little success we will go out without and search when we are there!
We didnt use an agency just did it ourselves to save money, it wasn't difficult just time consuming! I haven't heard good reports about using agencies, they seem to charge excessive amounts for not a lot!

J x
oh ryt brilliant 7 months what sort of stuff did you have to do? did u go directly through the embassy? x
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

oh ryt brilliant 7 months what sort of stuff did you have to do? did u go directly through the embassy? x
Hi,

Well we submitted our EOI online and got selected within a week. We then got our ITA sent through from INZ. We then got copies of everything - passports, birth certs, marriage certs, qualifications, photos of us together, bank statments, bills and got them signed by a friend who is a solicitior( so we didnt have to pay) there is a list on what eveidence you need to supply on the INZ website! Then we got our medicals and police checks once we got everything back we sent it to INZ and waited and waited, then got an email saying we had a case officer and could we arrange a telephone interview. Once we did the interview we found out in a week that we had PR.

Sounds simple when you write it down but my hubby is very organised and put it together!

Hope I haven't missed anything

Jx
Old Jun 9th 2009, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Well we submitted our EOI online and got selected within a week. We then got our ITA sent through from INZ. We then got copies of everything - passports, birth certs, marriage certs, qualifications, photos of us together, bank statments, bills and got them signed by a friend who is a solicitior( so we didnt have to pay) there is a list on what eveidence you need to supply on the INZ website! Then we got our medicals and police checks once we got everything back we sent it to INZ and waited and waited, then got an email saying we had a case officer and could we arrange a telephone interview. Once we did the interview we found out in a week that we had PR.

Sounds simple when you write it down but my hubby is very organised and put it together!

Hope I haven't missed anything

Jx

thanks for that with the EOI is there a selection process is it hard to get picked? x
Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks for that with the EOI is there a selection process is it hard to get picked? x
Hi,

Yes there is - it works on a points system, you have to get over 100 points (please correct me if this is wrong) and then you get entered into the selction pool which is drawn every 2 weeks. It may be worth you having a look at the INZ website as they expalin all about the different visa types and the porcesses.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah1990
Agree with Jo-Chris. Your first step should be the NZIS website, they have tons of information on which visa would be best for you and the process involved.
It has been said plenty of times on here DONT use an agent they are not worth the money they charge and the whole application process is fairly straighforward so there is no reason you cannot do it yourself.
Donna
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RobDon
Hi Sarah1990
Agree with Jo-Chris. Your first step should be the NZIS website, they have tons of information on which visa would be best for you and the process involved.
It has been said plenty of times on here DONT use an agent they are not worth the money they charge and the whole application process is fairly straighforward so there is no reason you cannot do it yourself.
Donna
Hi Donna

Thanks for your thread!

I have looked into it and i want to emigrate as a hairdresser but its not classed as a skill! so i am at a bit of a lost end! theres this one agency who said they will help u get a job too. but i no its going to cost money whats the best way of doing it goign straight to embassy?

thanks
Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Donna

Thanks for your thread!

I have looked into it and i want to emigrate as a hairdresser but its not classed as a skill! so i am at a bit of a lost end! theres this one agency who said they will help u get a job too. but i no its going to cost money whats the best way of doing it goign straight to embassy?

thanks
Have you filled in the points indicator on NZIS website?
Thats the place to start.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RobDon
Have you filled in the points indicator on NZIS website?
Thats the place to start.
no i havent because i dont want to apply yet because im not fully qualified yet! so i was just going to see if any one no's of it because id prefer to wait make sure i qualify but just see if any one has done it or doing it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.