Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Job Offer in Upper Hutt

Job Offer in Upper Hutt

Old Aug 16th 2008, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

jax n slug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Offer in Upper Hutt

Wondered if you could help us. I've been offered a job in Upper Hutt and I just wanted to know what the area was like. What are the schools like as we have a 11 year old son. Is the education a good standard. What are the properties like. Thanks for reading. We're so excited.

Hope to hear from you.
Steve
Old Aug 16th 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offer in Upper Hutt

http://www.tki.org.nz/e/schools/index.php
You can search for secondary schools in Upper Hutt on here. Once you've identified them all have websites which give a good feel for them. Some Junior schools may go to Year 8 so bear that in mind.

I think most posters on here in the Hutt Valley tend to have kids of junior school age.

The Mall in Upper Hutt is not as extensive as the one at Lower Hutt (nearer Wellington) but it doesn't take long to drive....the Hutt is certainly not as remote as many NZ locations you could choose. Wellington is within easy striking distance. There's not really anywhere major to go in the other direction though unless you travel for hours!

Hope someone who lives in the Hutt can help a bit more.

Last edited by luvwelly; Aug 16th 2008 at 11:26 pm. Reason: I was wrong!