Job offer Timaru

Old Dec 27th 2007, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

starfish has a spectacular aura aboutstarfish has a spectacular aura aboutstarfish has a spectacular aura about
Smile Job offer Timaru

Would anyone be able to tell me what Timaru is like. Have been offered a job hopefully starting in Feb. Would be moving to NZ with my husband and 2 children. The children want to know if there is a swimming pool in Timaru (no requests from them, just that!!) Would love to hear from anyone
Old Dec 27th 2007, 10:19 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Job offer Timaru

Kia Ora and welcome to this NZ forum.
Have some karma to start you off.

I can't really help with Timaru except to say that we have driven through it and stayed over for a night a couple of years back. Seemed like a lovely town to me.

'Planty' on this site lives there.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

starfish has a spectacular aura aboutstarfish has a spectacular aura aboutstarfish has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Kia Ora and welcome to this NZ forum.
Have some karma to start you off.

I can't really help with Timaru except to say that we have driven through it and stayed over for a night a couple of years back. Seemed like a lovely town to me.

'Planty' on this site lives there.
Thanks for your help. Will get in touch with Planty.
Here's to a new start to 2008 in ? Timaru!!!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:42 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I've been through Timaru several times and I was quite impressed. There seems to be all the services one would need. However, for flying I would suggest a two hour drive up the road to Christchurch as flights out of Timaru cost an obscene amount.
There are some nice small towns not far from Timaru such as Pleasant Point (yes, it is pleasant), Temuka, Geraldine and for low priced real estate and a bit south is Waimate. Inside Timaru isn't bad either. I saw lots of nice older brick houses with well maintained gardens.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by starfish
Thanks for your help. Will get in touch with Planty.
Here's to a new start to 2008 in ? Timaru!!!
Have just posted on the our 'first anniversary' thread - all good things to say about Timaru!
We'll be happy to answer any questions.
Debbie ('Mrs Planty'!).
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:47 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Never been, but my sister lives there. Just bought a house there and absolutely loves the place.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by happynz
I've been through Timaru several times and I was quite impressed. There seems to be all the services one would need. However, for flying I would suggest a two hour drive up the road to Christchurch as flights out of Timaru cost an obscene amount.
There are some nice small towns not far from Timaru such as Pleasant Point (yes, it is pleasant), Temuka, Geraldine and for low priced real estate and a bit south is Waimate. Inside Timaru isn't bad either. I saw lots of nice older brick houses with well maintained gardens.
Thanks for your reply. Your comments have been very useful. I have been checking Timaru out on the net, but it is great to get a point of view from someone who has been there. I appreciate it. Starfish
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by planty
Have just posted on the our 'first anniversary' thread - all good things to say about Timaru!
We'll be happy to answer any questions.
Debbie ('Mrs Planty'!).
Thanks for your reply!! Glad you are enjoying yourselves in Timaru. The kids will have me in the dog house if there isn't a swimming pool (as if the sea won't be enough!). Do you know if the indoor pool holds swimming lessons? This is the kids only concern and if they are happy it will make the move from the UK to NZ a lot easier. Thanks for your help. Will no doubt have more as time goes by. We are all looking forward to a new life in NZ.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by happynz
Thanks for the advice. Will make sure we look into flights to Christchurch.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Job offer Timaru

Hi there and good luck in your venture! I just did a google search and found this it may be useful for you it does say on there that Timaru has 2 public swimming pools.

http://www.holidayguide.co.nz/Timaru/Timaru.aspx
BUT WAIT THERES MORE! LOL

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4324566a6010.html NOW THIS MIGHT GET YOUR KIDS A LITTLE BIT EXCITED!

Hope it helps bit good luck to you and your family and a very Happy New Year!
Cheers
Cally
Old Dec 31st 2007, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cally49
Hi there and good luck in your venture! I just did a google search and found this it may be useful for you it does say on there that Timaru has 2 public swimming pools.

http://www.holidayguide.co.nz/Timaru/Timaru.aspx
BUT WAIT THERES MORE! LOL

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4324566a6010.html NOW THIS MIGHT GET YOUR KIDS A LITTLE BIT EXCITED!

Hope it helps bit good luck to you and your family and a very Happy New Year!
Cheers
Cally
Hi Cally,
Thanks for your help. We found the article interesting and definitely exciting!!! I think the kids will give the thumbs up. Happy New Year to you.