Reload this Page >

Job offer and salary

Job offer and salary

Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Vinniew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offer and salary

Hi all,

There 4 of us in our family. Our hope is to settle in the Auckland area, either west or north of city.
We have to sell off our house here and if that's do-able then we should be able to be pretty much mortgage free....but with the current slump in house sales here that may take some time.
Salary wise I'm offered 100k, with a company vehicle,- does that sound like a good enough offer to be secure/relatively comfortable in the Auckland region if a family has to rent a while?

I know everyone is different with diferent needs, we live a fairly simlpe life at home here.....the kids being young don't allow us out much(and we do limit the Krug magnums to friday night ) and thoughts would be appreciated.

Vin
Old Jan 20th 2010, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice
Default Re: Job offer and salary

Nice Salary Which gets you about $5800 a month take home - work out your expenses based on that. You should be OK if sensible with your rental selection - go for something too pricey $600-$1000 per week and it will start to bite.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwi average salary is $48k, your well above that so i would see no reason
why you should be ok. I dont think it'll get you many luxuries at the end
of the month but its a good salary
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Vinniew
Hi all,

There 4 of us in our family. Our hope is to settle in the Auckland area, either west or north of city.
We have to sell off our house here and if that's do-able then we should be able to be pretty much mortgage free....but with the current slump in house sales here that may take some time.
Salary wise I'm offered 100k, with a company vehicle,- does that sound like a good enough offer to be secure/relatively comfortable in the Auckland region if a family has to rent a while?

I know everyone is different with diferent needs, we live a fairly simlpe life at home here.....the kids being young don't allow us out much(and we do limit the Krug magnums to friday night ) and thoughts would be appreciated.

Vin
I think you should be ok with that salary - but would be tempted to settle to the West as the North suburbs can be quite pricey if you want to live close enough to commute to central Auckland.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vinniew
Hi all,

Vin
$100k and you will be very, very comfortable..even in Auck. especially as you anticipate having no mortgage!! The company car is a huge bonus to aye? Well done mate. We live on around $70k-75 all in (ish) with no mortgage (albeit in lowly Palmerston North) and we have an extra pair of legs to feed and 2 cars to run and we are comfortable on that. So your $100k even with rental in the mix for the first few months you will be fine.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Genesis above, this is a very decent salary esp if you're mortgage free, and the company car is worth about another $5k net so even better
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Absolutely. With no mortgage, on this salary, you should be able to live very comfortably and do a lot of things you want to do. We've never earned anything like that (sometimes half of that ) and have raised 4 kids, though there hasn't been much money around for extras. You'll be fine. Good luck.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Vinniew is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all,

Good to hear from ppl already on the ground.
Now ust to shift the pile of rubble...I mean "comfortable family home in a desireable area"

Vin
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 4:18 pm
loui5a

loui5a will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a great salary.

Well done - hope things work out for you

Louisa