Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Job Offer if linked into ITA

Job Offer if linked into ITA

Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Job Offer if linked into ITA

If my OH got a job offer, which I put on our ITA, and when we got over there it did not work out. How long would we be tied into this job, can he leave and look for another job.

Regards
Kags
Old Sep 21st 2007, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offer if linked into ITA

Originally Posted by Kags1694
If my OH got a job offer, which I put on our ITA, and when we got over there it did not work out. How long would we be tied into this job, can he leave and look for another job.

Regards
Kags
That would be subject to any restrictions immigration put in place. They normally put three months in place before allowing you to move on
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:04 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offer if linked into ITA

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
That would be subject to any restrictions immigration put in place. They normally put three months in place before allowing you to move on
Usually - and check your stamps for this, the NZIS require that after the three months and before seven (or is it 9?) months you must submit evidence to them that you have worked for those three months for the employer. You have to do the donkey work there - they will not investigate you on that (unless you have tried to con them) and you'll be asked for a letter from the employer, we provided one and then they asked for bank statements to back up what the letter said (in spite of it being from the head of GSE for the whole of the West Auckland Region with their DDI, fax, email and every other contact on the letterhead - the NZIS did not follow it up that way!!). So we did that and lo and behold 10 days later 2 years returning residency permits - thank you NZIS!!
I'd echo the advice and tough it out as PR is worth it! Good luck!