Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Job offer but EOI rejected!!!

Job offer but EOI rejected!!!

Old Dec 22nd 2006, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Espressomattic is on a distinguished road
Default Job offer but EOI rejected!!!

Alrighty, have a formal offer from NZ POlice, but damn immigration rejected our EOI due to a small confusion over what constituted close family. Lost 10 points and have been left with 95.

The Police are going to sort things out with Immigration, and state there are other options. Just wondering if any one knows what these could be?

Cheers
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 5:51 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer but EOI rejected!!!

Originally Posted by Espressomattic
Alrighty, have a formal offer from NZ POlice, but damn immigration rejected our EOI due to a small confusion over what constituted close family. Lost 10 points and have been left with 95.

The Police are going to sort things out with Immigration, and state there are other options. Just wondering if any one knows what these could be?

Cheers
Come over on a holiday visa and get a work permit or would that not be possible for joining the Police force? Does it have to be PR straight away? You'd imagine that the police would be able to pull strings where others can't???
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
I agree with Batty, take the job if you can then come over on a work visa. Sort out PR once settled. I'm sure it'll also be cheaper that way. Once in work and settled you'll have no bother getting PR. Good luck.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy
I agree with Batty, take the job if you can then come over on a work visa. Sort out PR once settled. I'm sure it'll also be cheaper that way. Once in work and settled you'll have no bother getting PR. Good luck.
If you are going to be a sworn officer...ie not a civvy, i think you need to have residency to become a copper first.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Genesis
If you are going to be a sworn officer...ie not a civvy, i think you need to have residency to become a copper first.
From what I have been able to gather is that I may be able to work under the work to residency scheme, of which the Police are sponsors. They have changed the rules regarding residency a little for the Police apparently...we will see
Old Dec 24th 2006, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

From what I have been able to gather is that I may be able to work under the work to residency scheme, of which the Police are sponsors. They have changed the rules regarding residency a little for the Police apparently...we will see
Work to Residency will be fine. You have 6 months to get a job and work in it for three months, and then convert it to permanent residency. Given that you've got the job, this isn't a risk.

You can't bring your car to New Zealand without paying import duties, but you can bring your personal effects without tax.

K.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kt0157
Work to Residency will be fine. You have 6 months to get a job and work in it for three months, and then convert it to permanent residency. Given that you've got the job, this isn't a risk.

You can't bring your car to New Zealand without paying import duties, but you can bring your personal effects without tax.

K.
Its a happy Christmas then! Thanks!