British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Job offer accepted EOI in (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/job-offer-accepted-eoi-897522/)

inkedneonurse Jun 2nd 2017 9:24 am

Job offer accepted EOI in

No turning back now. I have accepted an offer to work in the ED at Waikato hospital (starting wage $66,755nz) basically the top step for staff nurse so can't complain. The EOI is in, does anyone know when the last pull for them happened, just want to know if I'm waiting the full two weeks. Then will need to book medicals which I know will get referred for both mine and my wife's bmi.......the waiting game begins

MrsFychan Jun 2nd 2017 10:33 am

Re: Job offer accepted EOI in

Next selection is 7th June, so not long

inkedneonurse Jun 2nd 2017 10:37 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 12264607)
Next selection is 7th June, so not long

Brilliant cheers Mrs F

escapedtonz Jun 3rd 2017 8:42 am

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse (Post 12264576)
No turning back now. I have accepted an offer to work in the ED at Waikato hospital (starting wage $66,755nz) basically the top step for staff nurse so can't complain. The EOI is in, does anyone know when the last pull for them happened, just want to know if I'm waiting the full two weeks. Then will need to book medicals which I know will get referred for both mine and my wife's bmi.......the waiting game begins

Congrats!
So you're off to the Tron :p
It's not so bad.
Hospital is huge and ED is serviced by an Air Ambulance service as well as the normal method.
I walk past the hospital often to get to Lake Rotoroa across the road which is good for a dose of exercise in between night shifts.
A friend of ours Mum recently landed a Mental Health job for Waikato DHB in the community. She was a manager in the NHS but couldn't find a similar role here so went back to hands on nursing in the hope she'll be able to move upwards. Not liking being back to hands on but it served a purpose so she'll be jumping ship as soon as she's done the 2 years no doubt. She wants to be over the hill in Tauranga anyways.
I spend quite a bit of time in Hamilton since my work is there so if you need to know about areas etc just hollar :eek:

inkedneonurse Jun 3rd 2017 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by escapedtonz (Post 12265141)
Congrats!
So you're off to the Tron :p
It's not so bad.
Hospital is huge and ED is serviced by an Air Ambulance service as well as the normal method.
I walk past the hospital often to get to Lake Rotoroa across the road which is good for a dose of exercise in between night shifts.
A friend of ours Mum recently landed a Mental Health job for Waikato DHB in the community. She was a manager in the NHS but couldn't find a similar role here so went back to hands on nursing in the hope she'll be able to move upwards. Not liking being back to hands on but it served a purpose so she'll be jumping ship as soon as she's done the 2 years no doubt. She wants to be over the hill in Tauranga anyways.
I spend quite a bit of time in Hamilton since my work is there so if you need to know about areas etc just hollar :eek:

Cheers mate, luckily my mother in law is in H-town. I love being hames on but can imagine the culture shock of going back to the coal face from being management