Job Offer???

Old Mar 8th 2008, 1:56 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Job Offer???

If I am offered a job on my recce by an employer who is not accredited but can satisfy immigration that it could not be offered to a kiwi then realistically how long could I get on a work visa. Or is this very unlikely to happen in the first place?
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:20 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Job Offer???

Hi ya Wimpy,

I won't bore you with the reasons why my wife had to apply for a work permit, but I'll bore you with other information.

Several years ago she was hired as a sewing machinist at a clothing factory here in Christchurch. I'm not sure if employer is an officially accredited employer. At any rate the employer had to show evidence that no suitable local Kiwi could be found. This involved showing newspaper adverts. Work and Income New Zealand (WINZ) also had to be contacted to see if the company had made any effort to place Kiwis and if the company had made an effort towards the training of locals. The evidence that was eventually provided satisfied NZIS that no local Kiwis could be found. My wife also had to show evidence that she has experience as a machinist.

After two weeks of paper chasing, mostly waiting for WINZ to grind out a document (bloody pokey bureaucracies) we went into the offices of NZIS off Cathedral Square with an armload of documents and got a work permit for a year-and-a-half (the time remaning on my wife's passport). If her passport had been valid for a longer period we would have probably got a three year permit.

Geez, I think I'm getting off track here and not really answering your question. Short form, if someone wants to hire you they are going to have to either already have approval in principle to hire overseas applicants or they will need to supply evidence that no suitable Kiwis could be found and that you have the necessary qualifications and skills to do the job offered.

You may want to review the nuts and bolts of this at NZIS's helpful website on http://www.immigration.govt.nz/commu...hatisrequired/.

I hope this is of some use to you.

Good luck Wimpy.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:05 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

Actually thats really helpful, so would I be able to renew the visa when it expired.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:40 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by wimpy
Actually thats really helpful, so would I be able to renew the visa when it expired.
Assuming that you have the skills and the employer can demonstrate that there is a need and no locals are around to do the job, then yes, you can apply for more work permits.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice

As long as you get the company to fill out the correct forms to immergration,
i.e :- Application for approval to employ a foriegn worker,and a form 1113.
And then you will need a copy of individual employment contract signed by them, A Tax estimate, and offer of employment letter to back up your work visa application. And then collect copys of all information and send it of to london. I got mine back in 6 days.