job offer!!

Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default job offer!!

Hubby is a qualified electrician and we have been looking at emigrating to NZ. after doing the points test we need a job offer in order to get enough points to proceed. Could any of you give us an idea of how difficult this might be? What it's like working in NZ? Husband is 49 now so we feel time is running out! Would really appreciate any thoughts, or if you've done this already, your comments on how etc.
Many thanks
Chris- (the wife who is the driving force in order to make our lives better)!!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:28 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: job offer!!

Originally Posted by alchris
Hubby is a qualified electrician and we have been looking at emigrating to NZ. after doing the points test we need a job offer in order to get enough points to proceed. Could any of you give us an idea of how difficult this might be? What it's like working in NZ? Husband is 49 now so we feel time is running out! Would really appreciate any thoughts, or if you've done this already, your comments on how etc.
Many thanks
Chris- (the wife who is the driving force in order to make our lives better)!!
He has until the age of 55 to get it sorted. Don't worry too much. Better to put your energy into achieving the results you want.

As a qualified electrician I think he would have a very good chance at securing employment. Granted, his chances would be better at getting a job offer if his boots were on the ground here.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by happynz
He has until the age of 55 to get it sorted. Don't worry too much. Better to put your energy into achieving the results you want.

As a qualified electrician I think he would have a very good chance at securing employment. Granted, his chances would be better at getting a job offer if his boots were on the ground here.
May I ask have you been in NZ long? Must admit thought many times we should have done this years ago! Trouble was never wanted to go then!
We are also trying to go before eldest son, now 13, gets interested in girls !and exams to think of. I dont give up too easily just plodding along with my feet firmly on the ground
Regards Chris
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:55 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

May I ask have you been in NZ long?
No, not really. I've been here for only six years.
Must admit thought many times we should have done this years ago! Trouble was never wanted to go then!
We are also trying to go before eldest son, now 13, gets interested in girls! and exams to think of. I don't give up too easily just plodding along with my feet firmly on the ground
Regards Chris
Hang in there. Get your husband's feet on the ground here and I bet he will be able to find a job.

Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by happynz
No, not really. I've been here for only six years.
Hang in there. Get your husband's feet on the ground here and I bet he will be able to find a job.

Cheers