British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Job offer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/job-offer-396760/)

quentinbush Sep 15th 2006 9:08 pm

Job offer

Having visited NZ twice and driven round both islands I have decided NZ is the place for me and my partner. My partner has 3 children under the age of 12 who never see their father and a friend told me I needed court permission?? to move the kids from the country. I have also got the forms but am finding them hard to follow. Please can anyone advise me on costs of courts for the children's removal (if nec) and costs for agent(s) to help fill in the forms etc. I have been offered a job sponsorship as a bus driver despite this not being one of the skills NZ is looking for and I know where I want to live. Any help would be appreciated from anyone who has been in the same predicament.

Am Loolah Sep 15th 2006 9:20 pm

Re: Job offer

Originally Posted by quentinbush
Having visited NZ twice and driven round both islands I have decided NZ is the place for me and my partner. My partner has 3 children under the age of 12 who never see their father and a friend told me I needed court permission?? to move the kids from the country. I have also got the forms but am finding them hard to follow. Please can anyone advise me on costs of courts for the children's removal (if nec) and costs for agent(s) to help fill in the forms etc. I have been offered a job sponsorship as a bus driver despite this not being one of the skills NZ is looking for and I know where I want to live. Any help would be appreciated from anyone who has been in the same predicament.

It might be worth having a look at both the UK passport website and also Department of Internal Affairs in Wellington. But would recommend you get legal advice ... try Citizen's Advice Bureau or the half hour freebie for family law down a local solicitors? Not much help I know, but the forms are v v v complicated when you're both the parents!

waynepfry Sep 19th 2006 8:22 am

Originally Posted by quentinbush

You either need court permission or a signed letter from their father giving his permission - in this case you don't need to involve the court. The letter must include all the children's full names and date of births. It must also state that the father gives his full consent to his children emigrating to New Zealand with you and your partner. If they have been adopted you don't need anything.

quentinbush Sep 19th 2006 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by waynepfry
You either need court permission or a signed letter from their father giving his permission - in this case you don't need to involve the court. The letter must include all the children's full names and date of births. It must also state that the father gives his full consent to his children emigrating to New Zealand with you and your partner. If they have been adopted you don't need anything.

Hi Waynepfry, Thanks for your reply, sadly the childrens father hasn't wanted to see or take any interest in them for the last 3 years since we got past problems sorted out. Because of his disregard I am hoping we wouldn't have any problems with any courts.