Job Interview

Old Mar 31st 2010, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Job Interview

Had an email today offering me an interview for the hospitals in Taupo and Rotorua

I'm hugely nervous, Taupo is pretty much my dream job, so much that I haven't even really looked into the Rotorua option! Never had 'do' a telephone job interview before either so who knows how that'll go.

I need to have a job offer before I can go ahead with my visa application so fingers crossed that this one goes well
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all
Default Re: Job Interview

Good News

Best of luck for your interview .... when is it??

We very much liked Taupo when we visited few years back .....

Let us know how you get on
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

good luck,my interview was over the phone but I didn't realise it at the time,just thought it was an informal get to know you chat. Do a search on here as there have been several threads about telephone interviews

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652272
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650564
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647541

here's a few to get you started

Phyl x
Old Apr 1st 2010, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, those threads are really useful (still reasonably terrified though!)

Interview is 9.30 Wednesday night, being interviewed by a panel of 4

So thats my Easter weekend spent swotting and stressing I guess!!
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisamct View Post
Had an email today offering me an interview for the hospitals in Taupo and Rotorua

I'm hugely nervous, Taupo is pretty much my dream job, so much that I haven't even really looked into the Rotorua option! Never had 'do' a telephone job interview before either so who knows how that'll go.

I need to have a job offer before I can go ahead with my visa application so fingers crossed that this one goes well
Hope you dont mind me asking but what job is the interview for?
I work in Rotorua Hospital at the moment.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

She,s gonna be your boss

Neil
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 2nd 2010, 6:20 am
Just Joined

NZ_Rob is an unknown quantity at this point

look on the bright side, you get to do the interview laid on the sofa in jeans and T shirt, they cant see you sweating and you could get some collegues round to help with any awkward questions.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 7:03 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NZ_Rob View Post
look on the bright side, you get to do the interview laid on the sofa in jeans and T shirt, they cant see you sweating and you could get some collegues round to help with any awkward questions.
You mean "phone a friend" or "ask the audience"
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 7:56 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Hey good luck with the interview
My Wife had a phone interview for her job here in Tauranga
She was a bag of nerves but it all went OK
I am sure you will be fine
Taupo is a nice place we had a good Christmas there
gets a bit cold in winter and i am told it has this thing called
Snow ???
Good luck
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RobDon View Post
Hope you dont mind me asking but what job is the interview for?
I work in Rotorua Hospital at the moment.
Dont mind at all, the interview is for a midwife post (so I doubt I'll be being your boss any time soon )
What do you think of the hospital in Rotorua? I've really only looked into the Taupo option but I know I'm interviewing for both and think its more likely I'll get offered Rotorua if anything.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Just want to wish you Good Luck with the interview
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, those threads are really useful (still reasonably terrified though!)

Interview is 9.30 Wednesday night, being interviewed by a panel of 4

So thats my Easter weekend spent swotting and stressing I guess!!
Mrs G here- I know of a few colleagues here who were phone interviewed and they were very 'gentle' I was interviewed in UK (by our local DON) and again was probably one of the easiest I've had in my career they want to know more about you and how you'll settle etc - keep in mind they want/need you as a shortage here. GOOD LUCK
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Dont mind at all, the interview is for a midwife post (so I doubt I'll be being your boss any time soon
What do you think of the hospital in Rotorua? I've really only looked into the Taupo option but I know I'm interviewing for both and think its more likely I'll get offered Rotorua if anything.
The hospital overlooks the lake with lovely views from most windows. At the moment we are in the middle of getting a new hospital built
Will be ready to move into in 2 years I am not a midwife so cant really comment on that department but I really enjoy my job and everyone is so friendly staff and patients. Its quite a small hospital and the new one is not going to be much bigger. (Small but perfectly formed!) Rotorua is a lovely place to live with loads to do and lots to see. We are really happy we moved here and feel really settled.
Dont know anything about Taupo sorry.
Feel free to ask any more questions and I will try to answer.
Good Luck with your interview, I had a phone interview too and it was very relaxed and felt informal, not like I was at an interview at all!

Last edited by RobDon; Apr 3rd 2010 at 5:42 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RobDon View Post
Will be ready to move into in 2 years I am not a midwife so cant really comment on that department but I really enjoy my job and everyone is so friendly staff and patients. Its quite a small hospital and the new one is not going to be much bigger. (Small but perfectly formed!) Rotorua is a lovely place to live with loads to do and lots to see. We are really happy we moved here and feel really settled.
Dont know anything about Taupo sorry.
Feel free to ask any more questions and I will try to answer.
Good Luck with your interview, I had a phone interview too and it was very relaxed and felt informal, not like I was at an interview at all!
Which department do you work in, if you dont mind ne asking?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.