British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Job interivew questions required (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/job-interivew-questions-required-753535/)

alexlok Apr 2nd 2012 4:39 am

Job interivew questions required

Hi,

Can anyone provides me some behavioural and competency based questions for a job interview ?

It will be much appreciated if you can provide some useful links as well.

Thanks
Alex

theghostofdustybin Apr 2nd 2012 5:53 am

Re: Job interivew questions required

Google is your friend...

cappuccino Apr 2nd 2012 9:57 am

The questions would vary based on the job you are being interviewed for. An IT Systems Analyst interview is not going to be the same as a nurse is it? So your best bet is to look at the role description thoroughly and take a good guess on what they might ask you to see whether you can demonstrate that you have had the experience related to the duties of the job.

Out of interest, what job are you being interviewed for?

alexlok Apr 2nd 2012 10:53 am

Thanks, Cappuccino
I have checked the job description file, it does mention the competencies for the role. I can start preparing the answers for them. It is an accounts role. Alex

cappuccino Apr 2nd 2012 10:54 am

Good luck :fingerscrossed:

Kija Apr 3rd 2012 1:05 am

:fingerscrossed: Best of luck

julesnye Apr 3rd 2012 1:34 am

can you use a calculator or Abaacus? :)
Only Jokiing.
Use google I'd say as there are many different sites that you'll be able to gleen the information from.
Good luck.

P18PPS Apr 3rd 2012 4:35 am

Originally Posted by alexlok (Post 9984307)
Hi,

Can anyone provides me some behavioural and competency based questions for a job interview ?

It will be much appreciated if you can provide some useful links as well.

Thanks
Alex

just bear in mind that whatever experience you may have gained elsewhere in the world it means diddly-squat in new zealand! expect to prove yourself all over again and right from the start!

Catchafire Apr 3rd 2012 4:49 am

Originally Posted by P18PPS (Post 9986241)
just bear in mind that whatever experience you may have gained elsewhere in the world it means diddly-squat in new zealand! expect to prove yourself all over again and right from the start!

That's not really true, although there is the "no NZ experience" objection that seems to have tripped some people up.

When I was doing the round of interviews, I would answer that question, by asking if it was relevant to the job, explaining what my history was and asking if things were "so different" here in NZ. Put's the interviewer on the back foot.

Look, you would not be in the running for a job, unless you had relevant experience. Employers do not like to waste their time interviewing people, that they did not think would be worth while.

P18PPS Apr 3rd 2012 7:22 pm

my observations and experience is that once in a role you can expect to have to prove yourself to a kiwi audience, especially if you are not a native (by this I mean a returning kiwi who has done the obligatory "OE" in -normally- London for a few years).... two steps backwards before you can start moving three steps forward.