Job hunting Tips

Old Mar 23rd 2013, 12:51 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job hunting Tips

From what I understand, which is pretty little as I have no real interest in nursing in NZ, experience gained after qualification is what counts and the rules changed in March, that requires 2yrs minimum.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

moondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to all

They don't make it straight forward do they
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moondust_frenzy
I'm getting confused as I qualified last year, got 13 years racked up in health care which isn't relevant so I'm told.

I have my reg and about to get APC so does that not count for anything. I was under the impression to get reg now u need 2 years experience are they changing everything
Yep you now need 2 years post UK registration experience to be able to apply for NZ registration.
But, if you already have your NZ reg than you've nothing to worry about.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

moondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lisamct
Yep you now need 2 years post UK registration experience to be able to apply for NZ registration.
But, if you already have your NZ reg than you've nothing to worry about.
You have made my day. I have my reg just paid for APC . So does that mean happy job hunting to me whatever experience I have
Old Mar 24th 2013, 1:54 am
Just Joined

blastieman is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the main site for health professionals thinking about working in Auckland:

http://www.aucklandhealthjobs.co.nz/
Old Mar 24th 2013, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moondust_frenzy
You have made my day. I have my reg just paid for APC . So does that mean happy job hunting to me whatever experience I have
Yep, the new rules only apply to people just now applying for their New Zealand registration so if you already have it all sorted then your good to go, happy job hunting!
Old Mar 24th 2013, 2:09 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blastieman
This is the main site for health professionals thinking about working in Auckland:

http://www.aucklandhealthjobs.co.nz/
Hello and welcome to the forum.

As a new member, your first post was moderated as it contained a url.

This is an anti-spam measure built in to the site software.

I have now approved your post.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lisamct
Yep, the new rules only apply to people just now applying for their New Zealand registration so if you already have it all sorted then your good to go, happy job hunting!