Job Hunt

Old Mar 11th 2008, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

markraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant future
Default Job Hunt

Ive been looking for HGV Driving job for a bit now. Ive emailed lots of companys but no joy yet.

I will be going to 2 Employment expos in April.

But i was just thinking bout if i get no joy, then go on agency like adecco, just to get me to NZ then look for job while im there.

Also will there be any difference with gettting a permit working for agency. Will that still be ok.

Thanks
Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Job Hunt

Originally Posted by markraynes
Ive been looking for HGV Driving job for a bit now. Ive emailed lots of companys but no joy yet.

But i was just thinking bout if i get no joy, then go on agency like adecco, just to get me to NZ then look for job while im there.

Also will there be any difference with gettting a permit working for agency. Will that still be ok.

Thanks
Hi
My hubby is a HGV 1 driver, went over to NZ in 2005 had no visa's in place apart from the holiday visa that he went in on. Got a job, working as a HGV driver with no problems at all, which allowed him a work visa for 2 years. If you care to take the risk just for for it. Pople in NZ like to see the person they are employing face to face, so go in and see people. Good Luck
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Bonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by markraynes

Thanks
Hi Mark

My OH started sending his CV all over the place last June and it has only been in the past month or so that people have started to take him seriously. He has been re-sending his CV's to the same companies over and over until they get the hint. I think you just have to keep persevering so that they know you're for real.

We also tried a couple of agencies and from our experience it seems they want you over their to attend interviews which we were not in the position to do. Sorry don't know about the permit side, my OH now has a job offer and we're just waiting on the contract to come (fingers crossed we won't have any probs) and then we'll be applying for a work permit thingy!!

Are you in a position to do a reccie? Good luck to you and your family.

Lisa
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

markraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bonniewoo
Hi Mark

My OH started sending his CV all over the place last June and it has only been in the past month or so that people have started to take him seriously. He has been re-sending his CV's to the same companies over and over until they get the hint. I think you just have to keep persevering so that they know you're for real.

We also tried a couple of agencies and from our experience it seems they want you over their to attend interviews which we were not in the position to do. Sorry don't know about the permit side, my OH now has a job offer and we're just waiting on the contract to come (fingers crossed we won't have any probs) and then we'll be applying for a work permit thingy!!

Are you in a position to do a reccie? Good luck to you and your family.

Lisa

yes. if i get no hope then i`ll go in august
Old Mar 12th 2008, 5:15 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Heavenlyscent
Hi
My hubby is a HGV 1 driver, went over to NZ in 2005 had no visa's in place apart from the holiday visa that he went in on. Got a job, working as a HGV driver with no problems at all, which allowed him a work visa for 2 years. If you care to take the risk just for for it. Pople in NZ like to see the person they are employing face to face, so go in and see people. Good Luck

This is sound advice Mark, its what we did, after being let down by recruitment company, it will mean you can see the companys you are intrested in too. Gather as much info as you can from the expo's about different area's of NZ, keep in touch with companys you are keen on by email, and let them know when you will be arriving.

Last edited by Marika 38; Mar 12th 2008 at 5:33 am.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Marika 38
This is sound advice Mark, its what we did, after being let down by recruitment company, it will mean you can see the companys you are intrested in too. Gather as much info as you can from the expo's about different area's of NZ, keep in touch with companys you are keen on by email, and let them know when you will be arriving.
ok thanks. but i think ive found a company, but they need to see me, so i`ll have to go to NZ in may.

but any more help will be great. more interviews the better