Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Job Agencies in Auckland

Job Agencies in Auckland

Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Job Agencies in Auckland

Hiya, I hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year!!.... I'm trying to find a part time job in Auckland but its proving to be more difficult than I thought. I want an office/admin job... not too fussy what I do....for 2 or 3 days a week.

Anyone know of any good recruitment agencies in Auckland? The ones I seem to pick dont ever ring me back or acknowledge my emails.

Any recommendations for recruitment agencies gratefully received.

Cheers

SarahB
Old Jan 10th 2006, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Job Agencies in Auckland

Originally Posted by SarahB
Hiya, I hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year!!.... I'm trying to find a part time job in Auckland but its proving to be more difficult than I thought. I want an office/admin job... not too fussy what I do....for 2 or 3 days a week.

Anyone know of any good recruitment agencies in Auckland? The ones I seem to pick dont ever ring me back or acknowledge my emails.

Cheers

SarahB
Hi,
Have you tried to look on seek.co.nz. Most jobs advertised come with a recruitment agency name and contact number. My experience has also been iffy with recruitment agents, ie not letting you know anything. Ive decided not to take it personally..

It may be easier to ring up with a specific job reference in mind, and then even if that does not work out askl if you can come and see them anyway about any other opportunities they may have.

I cant really help much with specific agancies, sorry, as I work in engineering the companies I know of seem to concentrate on tech jobs.

Im sure youll at least get good contact numbers via seek.

Good luck and I hope you get something soon.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:47 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers

SarahB
If you are looking for part time work then agencies may not be the way to go. For example, if you are wanting temp assignments then the more flexible you are with hours and days of work the better, agencies tend to be not so interested in someone with restricted hours. I have had bad experiences with agencies myself, it took knowing a friend of a friend to get me in the door.
I would suggest doing the rounds of the local offices/shops and seeing if anyone has a sign up in their window. The local paper would be your best bet.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for the replies. I search on Seek every day. I've applied for a job last night via Seek. One agency lady rang yesterday to tell me she cant help me...and another emailed to say they have so many people wanting part time work at the moment that she cant help either... the others havnt got back to me.

Why is it so difficult to get part time hours here? After I had my baby I got part time work really easily back in the UK. Its a bit depressing.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Hi thanks for the replies. I search on Seek every day. I've applied for a job last night via Seek. One agency lady rang yesterday to tell me she cant help me...and another emailed to say they have so many people wanting part time work at the moment that she cant help either... the others havnt got back to me.

Why is it so difficult to get part time hours here? After I had my baby I got part time work really easily back in the UK. Its a bit depressing.
Sorry that youre finding it difficult. Cant really be much help, maybe its not a good time of the year to be looking for part time work? Hopefully it picks up after the holiday periods...

There may be some more part time retail/ sales jobs around just being advertised in shop windows and not online.

Otherwise try to ring the agencies directly and asking if they have anything part time, rather than applying directly via seek.

THere always the census work for a few weeks coming up.....
Old Jan 11th 2006, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future

Have you tried placing a 'small ad - work wanted etc'?

This may seem a strange approach and it was certainly alien to me when I first came across it but have met a number of people now who used this approach with success. Should also point out that I've also met a lot who had no responses but one thing I've learnt in NZ is that as far as jobs go leave no stone unturned.

It may be worth a try

Good luck
Old Jan 13th 2006, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herm
Have you tried placing a 'small ad - work wanted etc'?

This may seem a strange approach and it was certainly alien to me when I first came across it but have met a number of people now who used this approach with success. Should also point out that I've also met a lot who had no responses but one thing I've learnt in NZ is that as far as jobs go leave no stone unturned.

It may be worth a try

Good luck
Thats so true!
I saw one guy not long ago with a cardboard sign, stood at busy traffic lights saying "Will work for Food"
Old Jan 13th 2006, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, I actually managed to get an interview today but its not the right job for me anyway....still nice to be interviewed though.

My parents arrive next month so I really should leave finding a job until after they have been then I have no ties. ...but I'm just not a patient person!!
Old Jan 15th 2006, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, I actually managed to get an interview today but its not the right job for me anyway....still nice to be interviewed though.

My parents arrive next month so I really should leave finding a job until after they have been then I have no ties. ...but I'm just not a patient person!!
Well good luck (on hosting the fam and on the job hunting front). Sorry I wasnt able to be of much help.

Hope the visit with the family goes well, we had Parents-In-law visiting over Christmas and New Years. Nice enough but good to get teh house to ourselves again.

Im afraid all this immigration stuff will make a patient person out of you, wether you want to be one or not. Immigration matters certainly do not stop once you get the visa, thats sort of the beginning of a lot of it really.

Have a good visit, and good luck on the jobs going forward.