JOB!!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

juliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to all
Smile JOB!!!!!!!!!

Hi All,

Anyone got any info on the following for us.

Husband was offered a job earlier in the year with DownerEDI, this has now well and truly fallen thro Our agency Golden Sands Migration are looking for other possibilities but who we usually deal with are in the UK on the Expo, my husband does roadworks mainly asphalt etc, anyone know of any other companies, we were told that these jobs were on the shortage list.

But I can't find any anywhere. Any help would be great as we are due to move out of our house shortly and were obviously expecting to be there just after xmas. We cannot move until my husband has a job, as our money is very limited to buying a house once there.

HELP!!!!!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:00 pm
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of
Default Re: JOB!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by juliejamesmcgrath
Hi All,

Husband was offered a job earlier in the year with DownerEDI, this has now well and truly fallen thro Our agency Golden Sands Migration are looking for other possibilities but who we usually deal with are in the UK on the Expo, my husband does roadworks mainly asphalt etc, anyone know of any other companies, we were told that these jobs were on the shortage list.

But I can't find any anywhere. Any help would be great as we are due to move out of our house shortly and were obviously expecting to be there just after xmas. We cannot move until my husband has a job, as our money is very limited to buying a house once there.

HELP!!!!!
would it be worth trying to contact city councils directly?? sorry, have no knowledge in this area at all but hopefully someone on here will.. hope you get some good news soon .
ceri
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

Theres Fulton Hogan over here and have you tried Beresford Blake Thomas Ltd they are an agency other than that try www.seek.co.nz and you might be able to pick up other agencies.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

really not sure but loads of 'worksinfrastructure' wagons around...could also try 'fulton hogan'. they are all over nz and i know they do the road work things!!!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 10:11 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

see my reply on one of your other threads...
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

maysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura aboutmaysie has a spectacular aura about

foulton hogan do a lot of the road works here. You could also try a company called smithbridge. not sure if they are national but certainly seen them a lot in Tauranga
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

HELP!!!!!
Check out the Priority One website.
They email the latest vacancies and I managed to secure a truck driving job for the OH.
I found Gail to be really helpful.

Nici
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

sananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: JOB!!!!!!!!!

HI, We also found Priority One to be very helpful whilst in Tauranga last year but try as we did we could only stay temporary as Truck Driving only on short term shortage list unless a job was offered from an accediated employer so we came back to the UK and had a rethink - now OH finishing city and guilds Painting and Decorating and we gonna return next year and this time nothings gonna stop us!!!!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sananddave
HI, We also found Priority One to be very helpful whilst in Tauranga last year but try as we did we could only stay temporary as Truck Driving only on short term shortage list unless a job was offered from an accediated employer so we came back to the UK and had a rethink - now OH finishing city and guilds Painting and Decorating and we gonna return next year and this time nothings gonna stop us!!!!
May I ask............could the company not sponsor you for WTR.
I am not sure how it works myself so thought you may know having gone through it.

Nici
Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Hi All,

Husband was offered a job earlier in the year with DownerEDI, this has now well and truly fallen thro
Same here, i was interviewed by a guy from Works too a few weeks ago in London, he was positive untill everyones details went back to NZ, im sure we wasn't alone in the rejection department. So im also back to square one. He can Try Folton Hogan as someone has already said, they are bigger than Works. Im sure if your OH is still on the tools he should get a job no problem. I know for a fact that the only real way to get a job is to go out there. It may be hard penny wise but they like to see commitment. Im going out in Feb for two weeks. Try typing in "Roading jobs in New zealand" then email people individualy from the agencies. hth.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

sananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb Re: JOB!!!!!!!!!

YEA we tried every avenue there was as did not want to leave NZ - to work to residence it must either be a full time job offer with an accrediated employer with a base salary of $50k - at that time it was $45k and had offer from works infustructure but the hourly rate was no where near salary required - we wonder whats the point of being a registered accrediated employer with NZI if they dont meet criteria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OR with a full time job offer in an occuption on the long term shortage list -
SO basically we could stay in the short term, which at our time of life is no good for a secure future, hence now trying again for next year as a skilled migrant. All this process is quite head battering and sole destroying at times but if they gave points for determination Im sure a few of us would qualify!!!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Claire Hart is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Have a look on the newlife/newzealand website, that is who we are using they are expats who have had experience in moving from the UK to NZ. One of the guys is Paul Goddard who was on the BBC programme No Going Back.
If anyone can help you they probably can and the money they charge is half of that of Golden Sands!

Good Luck