jets4pets

Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

drcallycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: jets4pets

Agree with others - we used Golden Arrow for 3 cats and they were marvellous from start to finish. Not the cheapest co. but worth it for peace of mind in my opinion.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NermaltheCute
Don't know if it helps but we weren't close to Golden Arrow but they arranged pick up of our dogs, I suppose their advantage is they are closer to the airport.
Thanks but were only just over an hour from heathrow and less than an hour from gatwick anyway. I'm sure ladyhaye are based near one of these airports which means we would be able to drop him off when we go - only trouble is I cant seem to find anyone thats used them
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lee Lee
Thanks but were only just over an hour from heathrow and less than an hour from gatwick anyway. I'm sure ladyhaye are based near one of these airports which means we would be able to drop him off when we go - only trouble is I cant seem to find anyone thats used them
I've emailed ladyhaye for a quote after you mentioned them, not heard back yet, they do have an office in manchester so assume they may use the airport there too!? I rang goldenarrow today and they're sending some info out, was hoping they'd quote on the phone, they didnt ask me my dogs measurements so assuming i will have to send a form back, not got much time!!!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Flatcap is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Strawbie,

I think you'll definately be looking at around two and a half grand for a lab with Golden Arrow.

Don't fret about the time scale - though you do need to allow at least five weeks for all the tests to be done, as each has to be done within a specific time frame of the previous one. If you're panicking - just give them another call with your pooch's measurements, I'm sure he won't mind.
Tell him I recommeded them to you (you may get a discoutn! )

I sent my dog: Amber (brown & tan crossbreed) to Auckland in October
Family name: Hunt (North Yorkshire)
Good Luck
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

p.s I forgot to mention that when I asked for quotes for sending her from Manchester it was WAAAAAY more than for Heathrow - (they use Air New Zealand, so you add on the price of a BMI connection to London)
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Flatcap
p.s I forgot to mention that when I asked for quotes for sending her from Manchester it was WAAAAAY more than for Heathrow - (they use Air New Zealand, so you add on the price of a BMI connection to London)
thanks Flatcap!! How much more are you talking from mcr?? i had quote from another who collected for an extra £250 i think! as if there isnt enough to do! we have a cat also, which we have decided to leave behind-with someone!!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry I can't remember now, but i remember thinking that it might be cheaper to send her off locally rather than driving down South - but had to sit down when the quotes for this came back ...LOL!

It was a lovely drive down to Golden Arrow though, quite relaxing after all the stress of everything else going on, and so much nicer than having to battle down the M1. Take a picnic with you, and have a chilled day away from everything - it'll do ya good
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by strawbie
thanks Flatcap!! How much more are you talking from mcr?? i had quote from another who collected for an extra £250 i think! as if there isnt enough to do! we have a cat also, which we have decided to leave behind-with someone!!
Ours were collected from Nottingham with Parair & driven to Colchester, don't know how much they charged for pickup, but our total price was only 2700ish for 2 dogs & a cat
I don't really agree with some comments that paying more can give you peace of mind, after all they all end up in the same place on the plane whoever you use!!. Some companies are able to charge less as they are more popular. One of the main reasons we chose Parair was they were highly recommended in the eemigration pack & also they had been around for 40+ years.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

I've emailed ladyhaye for a quote after you mentioned them, not heard back yet, they do have an office in manchester so assume they may use the airport there too!? I rang goldenarrow today and they're sending some info out, was hoping they'd quote on the phone, they didnt ask me my dogs measurements so assuming i will have to send a form back, not got much time!!!
Best of luck with your search, I have to admit my mum did the phoning round for me, my parents will be looking after our dog when we first go over. She seemed more confident with the people at ladyhaye and goldenarrow wanted to have our Bert 3 days before he would fly and we really dont want to let him go any earlier than we have to. Also, I think we'd have to drive him about 3 hours to goldenarrow just for them to drive all the way back to near where we live to fly out of heathrow Keep us posted on how your getting on and again, best of luck and I wish you all a safe journey to your new life in NZ - how exciting!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Heavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of lightHeavenlyscent is a glorious beacon of light

hi, just wondering if anybody had used this company to move their pets over? we got a leaflet at a NZ conference we went to, so we only have this to go off! Or can you recommend any other, we have one dog to take with us. What kind of price do they charge? iam going to get a quote, when i find time to measure her!! shes a labrador!
We paid 5,500 for 2 labradors and one cat in 2005. I think we paid around 13,000 dollars to fly them back 2 yrs later
Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

blackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to all

hi, just wondering if anybody had used this company to move their pets over? we got a leaflet at a NZ conference we went to, so we only have this to go off! Or can you recommend any other, we have one dog to take with us. What kind of price do they charge? iam going to get a quote, when i find time to measure her!! shes a labrador!
Hi,

Noticed you are in West Yorkshire, I'm in East Lancs and I'm going to use Pet Air based in Chorley, £1800 for a spaniel from Manchester. Just thought they may be nearer to you.

Dawn X
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice

we used Parair in Stanway, Colchester, and it cost 3,700 for 3 cats and a cocker spaniel, including vets, boarding and all tests etc, they'll pick up for a price too. Hope that helps :-)