jets4pets

Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light
Default jets4pets

hi, just wondering if anybody had used this company to move their pets over? we got a leaflet at a NZ conference we went to, so we only have this to go off! Or can you recommend any other, we have one dog to take with us. What kind of price do they charge? iam going to get a quote, when i find time to measure her!! shes a labrador!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: jets4pets

we have 2 cats and talked to jets4pets but weren't impressed as they didn't quote for what we asked for. Try golden arrow i know a few people that have used them and have been very impressed good luck
Old Jan 14th 2010, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

Yep can't recommend Golden Arrow highly enough, they were great.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Golden arrow and it will prob cost about 2.5 grand, prepare to be spanked

We brought 3 over it aint cheap

Neil
Old Jan 15th 2010, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Flatcap is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't recommend Golden Arrow highly enough, they were brilliant.

You get a schedule of what tests need doing when, and dated sample containers for each one. All you have to do is poop the scoop, pop it in the a pre-paid envelope, stick it in the post box, then forget about it till the next one is due.

I delivered our pooch down to them early one Sunday morning in time for her last lot of tests with their vet before her flight, and saw the crates they're shipped in. They're very impressive.

Very, very nice people with a wealth of experience.

Getting hit for two and a half grand does somewhat hurt I admit, but they're worth it. My dog is just LOVIN it over here - she's out retrieving sticks in the sea every morning and has a smile on her face all the rest of the day :-)
Old Jan 15th 2010, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Flatcap
I can't recommend Golden Arrow highly enough, they were brilliant.

You get a schedule of what tests need doing when, and dated sample containers for each one. All you have to do is poop the scoop, pop it in the a pre-paid envelope, stick it in the post box, then forget about it till the next one is due.

I delivered our pooch down to them early one Sunday morning in time for her last lot of tests with their vet before her flight, and saw the crates they're shipped in. They're very impressive.

Very, very nice people with a wealth of experience.

Getting hit for two and a half grand does somewhat hurt I admit, but they're worth it. My dog is just LOVIN it over here - she's out retrieving sticks in the sea every morning and has a smile on her face all the rest of the day :-)
Sounds like Golden Arrow are the way forward! do they have a website, i've googled them with not much luck!! Can you use your own vet, etc with them? thanks for your replies
Old Jan 15th 2010, 11:03 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by strawbie
hi, just wondering if anybody had used this company to move their pets over? we got a leaflet at a NZ conference we went to, so we only have this to go off! Or can you recommend any other, we have one dog to take with us. What kind of price do they charge? iam going to get a quote, when i find time to measure her!! shes a labrador!
We used Jets for pets and they were great. Sent our 2 cats with them and everything went well, can't remember price but was pretty reasonable.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

We used these. They were excellent & the cheapest by a mile
Did all the tests etc. with our own vets, which also saved cash.

http://parair.co.uk/

Last edited by mickey_d; Jan 15th 2010 at 11:18 am.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Flatcap is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by strawbie
Sounds like Golden Arrow are the way forward! do they have a website, i've googled them with not much luck!! Can you use your own vet, etc with them? thanks for your replies
Hi Strawbie,

When we used them (in November), they didn't have a website or take card payments, but I 've just googled them and it appears they now have a site:
http://www.goldenarrowshippers.com/

There's a picture of the crates they use on the site (all hand-built to the dogs size by a local man - and if they don't fit they have another one made).

They're based in Lydbury, Shropshire, which was a flippin long way from North Yorkshire - but I was very happy to leave my pooch with them when I saw the setup. Their vet is based near to Heathrow and they drive the animals down there themselves. Nothing is too much trouble for them, even if your pets are on medication.

Before you deliver them to Lydbury, they send you two letters for your vet, asking him to complete certain blood tests and worming. They also provide the vet with the vials and pre-paid envelopes for him to post the blood back to their labs. I think I was charged around 90 pounds in total by my vet to do his bit. This was on top of Golden Arrow's Fee.
Hope that helps - I chose olden Arrow after trawling through everyone else's comments on this forum, and they seemed to come up trumps for most people.

Good luck!!!!
It's very very hot and sunny here at the mo, so get a wriggle on and you might just catch the tail end of it if you're lucky
Old Jan 18th 2010, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

I havn't shipped yet, and am looking at 2 cats but I was recommended for airpets.

Costing me about £2400 but that is for all medical checks and boarding for 2 months prior to the flight. I will probably go with them because I need this part due to planning to be in NZ well before my puddykats. Only thing I need to arrange is microchipping.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Hi golden arrow quoted us £1700 with free 3days boarding. Additonal boarding was quoted at £10 per night for the two. so about the same as your carrier. please let me know how you get on as we haven't booked ours yet and not likely to for at least a couple of months yet
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

Same here! I am still working on my ITA so won't book until that is done. Will let the forum know when I do though.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Milliebobs is an unknown quantity at this point

We just arrived in NZ with our dog. We used Jets4pets and they did a fantastic job. I believe the price is based on the size of box used, so I would say you should get a few quotes and compare them. We had a full door to door service with them and they were happy to help my vet with advice as my vet hadn't had a NZ export before.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Has anyone used Lady Haye? Golden arrow are quite a distance from where we live
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

Don't know if it helps but we weren't close to Golden Arrow but they arranged pick up of our dogs, I suppose their advantage is they are closer to the airport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.