Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

January 2014 Arrivals and Departures

January 2014 Arrivals and Departures

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 3:10 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January 2014 Arrivals and Departures

Originally Posted by jaffa57
Hi I am a single 56 year old teacher sold up: leave wet and windy Devon Uk arrive christchurch 12 Feb to work in ashburton start on Feb 17 2014
Hi and welcome, can you put your leave date and other details in the February thread
Old Jan 6th 2014, 6:44 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Coffeyfoley - OH & Daugher Arrive ChCH 2nd

TheCockneyKiwi, Oh and Kids - Arriving ChCh 5th
after spending some time in Melbourne

smileypigface's toyboy husband Leaves UK 14th Arriving Auckland 16th

Murrayafc - Leaves UK 17th Arrives Auckland 19th

Trafford, Daughter & Son - Leave Manchester 19th Arrive Auckland 21st

Lb welly, Toyboy & 3 sons - Leave UK 19th Arrive Welington 21st

MarkMcKeown - Leaves UK 21st Arrives Auckland 23rd
Old Jan 8th 2014, 12:49 am
Just Joined

Pentium is an unknown quantity at this point

Australian living in Hong Kong the past 22 years (does that count as British? ). Coming over with 12 yr old son, husband and dog end January.
Old Jan 9th 2014, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Pentium
Australian living in Hong Kong the past 22 years (does that count as British? ). Coming over with 12 yr old son, husband and dog end January.
If you coming in January can you give me dates and where you arrive
Old Jan 9th 2014, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

Pentium is an unknown quantity at this point

We arrive into Auckland on January 27th
Old Jan 10th 2014, 3:15 am

TheCockneyKiwi, Oh and Kids - Arriving ChCh 5th
after spending some time in Melbourne

smileypigface's toyboy husband Leaves UK 14th Arriving Auckland 16th

Pentium - OH, son and dog - Arrive Auckland 27th
Old Jan 15th 2014, 11:19 pm

TheCockneyKiwi, Oh and Kids - Arriving ChCh 5th after spending some time in Melbourne

smileypigface's toyboy husband - Leaves UK 14th Arriving Auckland 16th

MrsFychans Inlaws - Leave UK 14th Arriving Auckland 16th then Wellington on the 21st - Coming for a visit

Old Jan 17th 2014, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Boycee is an unknown quantity at this point

At last we are coming to NZ. Fly out of Heathrow on 30th Jan land Wellington 1st Feb. OMG excitement levels through the roof! See you all soon...
Mark & Effy
Old Jan 20th 2014, 6:52 pm

TheCockneyKiwi, Oh and Kids - Arriving ChCh 5th after spending some time in Melbourne

MrsFychans Inlaws - Leave UK 14th Arriving Auckland 16th then Wellington on the 21st - Coming for a visit

Boycee and OH (Mark & Effy ) Leave UK 30th
Old Jan 20th 2014, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

Shauniiboii is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey newbie here, but a week and I'll be heading off to new Zealand myself I'm 22 depart from heathrow on 27th and land in Auckland on the 29th !!!
Old Jan 21st 2014, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Lb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to behold

I have arrived!
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 8:52 pm

Welcome LB - hope you are taking things slowly and glad to see the sun has come out

Boycee and OH (Mark & Effy ) Leave UK 30th
Old Jan 24th 2014, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

trafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to be here finally but it was hard to leave. Loads of friends and family came to the airport to wish us farewell, which in hindsight might have been a mistake My 16 year old daughter didn't stop crying till the second leg of the journey! It was the journey from hell unfortunately. I must have been unwittingly brewing a very nasty cold (apologies to others on the flight) because I had the worst migraine, along with tummy bug and flu-like symptoms. That flight is not something you want to be doing while ill! First thing I did was go straight to doctor for painkilling injection in the rear! The kids and I have been here for 3.5 days and got lots done already. Still lots to do. School starts next week. Kids had orientation half day and tell me it was "okay" but they don't think they'll "fit in"! Told them maybe they should give it a bit more time than 3 hours Both sunburnt today despite my warnings about the strength of the sun. And we have all enjoyed the cafes and coffee. I missed them while living in the UK. Got a good deal on mobile phones and bought 2 seater and 3 seater sofas for $999 at Freedom - bargain!

Last edited by trafford; Jan 24th 2014 at 10:50 am. Reason: Typo
Old Jan 24th 2014, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by trafford
Glad to be here finally but it was hard to leave. Loads of friends and family came to the airport to wish us farewell, which in hindsight might have been a mistake My 16 year old daughter didn't stop crying till the second leg of the journey! It was the journey from hell unfortunately. I must have been unwittingly brewing a very nasty cold (apologies to others on the flight) because I had the worst migraine, along with tummy bug and flu-like symptoms. That flight is not something you want to be doing while ill! First thing I did was go straight to doctor for painkilling injection in the rear! The kids and I have been here for 3.5 days and got lots done already. Still lots to do. School starts next week. Kids had orientation half day and tell me it was "okay" but they don't think they'll "fit in"! Told them maybe they should give it a bit more time than 3 hours Both sunburnt today despite my warnings about the strength of the sun. And we have all enjoyed the cafes and coffee. I missed them while living in the UK. Got a good deal on mobile phones and bought 2 seater and 3 seater sofas for $999 at Freedom - bargain!
hope you are feeling better now
yep the big farewell at airport not really something to be recommended, luckily for me I had a bit of an argument with my In Laws, we had to stay with them for a couple of weeks before we flew over, a day or two before we flew so them dropping us off was just a relief to be honest. (all find and dandy with them now and they are actually here for a holiday atm).
Sun burning is very quick here I know it will sound like nagging but you do need to keep going on about it, my DD, aged 12, is still a nightmare after 2yrs but you have to think of their future health. Luckily DS, aged 9, does as he is told.

try and relax a bit over the next week before the kids go to school.
Old Jan 24th 2014, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

trafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond reputetrafford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
hope you are feeling better now
yep the big farewell at airport not really something to be recommended, luckily for me I had a bit of an argument with my In Laws, we had to stay with them for a couple of weeks before we flew over, a day or two before we flew so them dropping us off was just a relief to be honest. (all find and dandy with them now and they are actually here for a holiday atm).
Sun burning is very quick here I know it will sound like nagging but you do need to keep going on about it, my DD, aged 12, is still a nightmare after 2yrs but you have to think of their future health. Luckily DS, aged 9, does as he is told.

try and relax a bit over the next week before the kids go to school.
Thanks MrsFychan Still unwell, but improving. Hopefully that will make me immune to the next few bugs. I am just interrupting my typing to tell my daughter to put sunscreen on before she goes out. So I most definitely will be nagging them about it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.