Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Jaks cadburys and marmite issues

Jaks cadburys and marmite issues

Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

jakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nice
Default Cadburys chocolate and marmite

Hi all, can anyone tell me whether cadburys chocolate and also marmite is readily available in new zealand as these are the only 2 things that i will miss in life that includes the other half
i love him really
Jaks
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 1:30 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cadburys chocolate and marmite

Yes to both. Marmite isn't the same consistency as here, but it tastes the same to me. Didn't compare the chocolate though.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

There is a huge cadbury's factory and shop in Dunedin........guess where I'm headed? Have had some sent for kids by my pal and it tastes different to our chocolate but I am sure after a while you would get used to it

Phyl x
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

There is a Huge choice of Cadburys Chocolate out here, i think Rob Clubley pasted a pic on here once of the amount of different flavors. Its not as nice as the Cadburys in the UK, but at the end of the day day you still get the chocolate buzz after eating it and for me thats what counts As for Marmite Yuuuuuuuk.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, and quite a few English immigrants that I know, the NZ Cadburys chocolate is the nicest tasting Dairy Milk in the world.

It will probably taste different but once you get used to it you can never go back IMO.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jakie
Hi all, can anyone tell me whether cadburys chocolate and also marmite is readily available in new zealand as these are the only 2 things that i will miss in life that includes the other half
i love him really
Jaks
Cadbury's use the same recipe for their chocolate in NZ as they do in the UK.,,so you needed worry there. Some years ago when holidaying in the Cook Islands I bought Dairy Milk with flakes of coconut in it...it was so good. Sadly I didn't stock up with it because we were flying to Oz and I mistakingly thought Cadbury's would be the same there...it wasn't...it was crap.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Cadbury's use the same recipe for their chocolate in NZ as they do in the UK.,,so you needed worry there. Some years ago when holidaying in the Cook Islands I bought Dairy Milk with flakes of coconut in it...it was so good. Sadly I didn't stock up with it because we were flying to Oz and I mistakingly thought Cadbury's would be the same there...it wasn't...it was crap.
Yes, the Aussie one isn't as nice. I have heard they add stuff to it to prevent it melting as quickly.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
Yes, the Aussie one isn't as nice. I have heard they add stuff to it to prevent it melting as quickly.
It's very similar in taste to the nasty US version...but the choc you guys get in NZ is fab....I will never forget the Dairy Milk Coconut bar I had.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

It's very similar in taste to the nasty US version...but the choc you guys get in NZ is fab....I will never forget the Dairy Milk Coconut bar I had.
I have some of that in my fridge at the moment, i love anything coconut tasting, Malibu YUM.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Kimi-Deacon
I have some of that in my fridge at the moment, i love anything coconut tasting, Malibu YUM.
I hate you!!! :curse:

So do I.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 23rd 2009 at 1:04 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Just checked the Fridge Dairy Milk Coconut Rough is that the one you mean
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Just checked the Fridge Dairy Milk Coconut Rough is that the one you mean
OMG. I swear it's the best thing I've ever tasted.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Would you like a red cross parcel full of it sent
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Would you like a red cross parcel full of it sent
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

you are cute, Jerseygirl.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.