Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I've read some of the threads about claiming tax back

I've read some of the threads about claiming tax back

Old Jun 30th 2012, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default I've read some of the threads about claiming tax back

We moved to NZ last June and worked right up to leaving, so about 2 months. It'd never crossed my mind that we could claim our taxes back, I've not filled in any forms or anything about tax, I know we're meant to fill in a P85.

What can I claim and what should we do?
Old Jun 30th 2012, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've read some of the threads about claiming tax back

Have found this http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/tax-leave-uk.htm#1a. Looks like you need to fill in form and send it back to UK. I don't think you can fill in anything online but I haven't looked at it in depth.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
We moved to NZ last June and worked right up to leaving, so about 2 months. It'd never crossed my mind that we could claim our taxes back, I've not filled in any forms or anything about tax, I know we're meant to fill in a P85.

What can I claim and what should we do?
I arrived in NZ end of August after working up until July in England. Filled in the P85 and sent it off with a copy of my P45 and got about £650 back. Recommend that you take a few copies of your P45 because the first application I sent off wasn't received. Otherwise, it was really straight forward. Also claimed my tax refund from the inland revenue here as well - got $612 back

Bev
Old Jul 1st 2012, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

I've got both our last pay slips and P45's ready, is it possible to claim the national insurance back too or is this included when HMRC look at the P85 I'll be sending them along with our P45's.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
I've got both our last pay slips and P45's ready, is it possible to claim the national insurance back too or is this included when HMRC look at the P85 I'll be sending them along with our P45's.
I may be wrong, but as far as I'm aware, you can only claim the tax back

Bev