British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   ive just got a job!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/ive-just-got-job-674719/)

MattandJax Jul 1st 2010 1:18 am

ive just got a job!!!

this was all a bit sudden i cant quite believe it! our original plan was for me (Jax) not to apply for jobs until the end of August, as we have family coming out for the whole of August, so that i would be around to look after and entertain them.

however, with Matt already working and me on my ownsome all day, i was getting very bored and fed up.
I then saw this job advertised in the local free paper, for 3 days/week, a practice nurse in a medical centre just 10 mins drive away... so i couldn't NOT apply. it would be perect!

i submitted my letter and CV by e mail, and they phoned me the next day to ask me to come for an interview.
i had the (very informal) interview yesterday.. and they just phoned me to offer me the job!
yippeeeee! i cant believe how quick and slick it all was. (Matts recruitment took over 6 weeks and he had 3 interviews)

so 3 days /week gives me time off, but the extra money will come in very handy!

yey!! IM employed!! :thumbsup:

celeliza Jul 1st 2010 1:55 am

Re: ive just got a job!!!

YAY! Congratulations!! When do you start your new job??

MattandJax Jul 1st 2010 2:34 am

Originally Posted by celeliza (Post 8669164)
YAY! Congratulations!! When do you start your new job??

just waiting on the annual practicing certificate to arrive. so probably 1-2 weeks. the staff seem really nice, flexible and laid back, so am really looking forward to it

BEVS Jul 1st 2010 3:37 am

Wowzer :eek: That's brilliant.
Have some congrats karma. :)

Am Loolah Jul 1st 2010 4:59 am

That sounds perfect, they must have been waiting for you!:thumbsup: Congratulations!

scrubbedexpat094 Jul 1st 2010 5:10 am

Congratulations :thumbup:

pixi-dust Jul 1st 2010 5:38 am

huge congrats! :thumbup::thumbup:

londonescapee Jul 1st 2010 6:26 am

Amazing, congratulations, it is all obviously meant to be! You must be so pleased - and part-time too I am jealous :p

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

bga Jul 1st 2010 6:41 am

Way to go - Congratulations :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lee Lee Jul 1st 2010 6:57 am

:thumbsup: Congratulations :thumbsup:

lisamct Jul 1st 2010 4:51 pm

Huge Congratulations!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

martyc Jul 1st 2010 5:19 pm

Very well done.:)

DennisBergkamp Jul 1st 2010 6:59 pm

great stuff
well done

127luton Jul 1st 2010 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by MattandJax (Post 8669102)
this was all a bit sudden i cant quite believe it! our original plan was for me (Jax) not to apply for jobs until the end of August, as we have family coming out for the whole of August, so that i would be around to look after and entertain them.

however, with Matt already working and me on my ownsome all day, i was getting very bored and fed up.
I then saw this job advertised in the local free paper, for 3 days/week, a practice nurse in a medical centre just 10 mins drive away... so i couldn't NOT apply. it would be perect!

i submitted my letter and CV by e mail, and they phoned me the next day to ask me to come for an interview.
i had the (very informal) interview yesterday.. and they just phoned me to offer me the job!
yippeeeee! i cant believe how quick and slick it all was. (Matts recruitment took over 6 weeks and he had 3 interviews)

so 3 days /week gives me time off, but the extra money will come in very handy!

yey!! IM employed!! :thumbsup:

YaY!!!! - thats fantastic news!!! well done - hope that u really enjoy it!
xxx

berni :thumbup:

MattandJax Jul 1st 2010 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by londonescapee (Post 8669572)
Amazing, congratulations, it is all obviously meant to be! You must be so pleased - and part-time too I am jealous :p

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

thanks..although i could do with more hours eventually. but not at the moment! it IS perfect!