Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

ive just got a job!!!

ive just got a job!!!

Old Jul 3rd 2010, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all
Default Re: ive just got a job!!!

Congratulations Jax
It sounds perfect. Which suburb will you be working in? Can I ask whether there are many jobs advertised in the private surgical sector? I'm currently in the UK working on a plastic surgery ward and absolutely love my job, but would be really interested in working in a smaller private setup. I'm sitting my IELTs exam in September and if all goes well with my medical and PR application, hope to be moving to Auckland close to Christmas with my partner and children Good luck with your job.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.....3 days a week sounds perfect
Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

imanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really nice

congrats jax,
Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BevK
Congratulations Jax
It sounds perfect. Which suburb will you be working in? Can I ask whether there are many jobs advertised in the private surgical sector? I'm currently in the UK working on a plastic surgery ward and absolutely love my job, but would be really interested in working in a smaller private setup. I'm sitting my IELTs exam in September and if all goes well with my medical and PR application, hope to be moving to Auckland close to Christmas with my partner and children Good luck with your job.
not really sure. there does seem to be a big private sector here, but not sure what is what at the moment!..sorry! check out the jobs on trade me. it may give you an idea!
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-me-jo...hcare-jobs.htm
good luck with the IELTS!-- make sure you practice before you do it!
Old Jul 6th 2010, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Jewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant future

Well done you!! Glad everything is panning out for you both xx
Hope our move goes as smoothly....hehe
Old Jul 6th 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

mumbee2 has a spectacular aura aboutmumbee2 has a spectacular aura aboutmumbee2 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MattandJax
this was all a bit sudden i cant quite believe it! our original plan was for me (Jax) not to apply for jobs until the end of August, as we have family coming out for the whole of August, so that i would be around to look after and entertain them.

however, with Matt already working and me on my ownsome all day, i was getting very bored and fed up.
I then saw this job advertised in the local free paper, for 3 days/week, a practice nurse in a medical centre just 10 mins drive away... so i couldn't NOT apply. it would be perect!

i submitted my letter and CV by e mail, and they phoned me the next day to ask me to come for an interview.
i had the (very informal) interview yesterday.. and they just phoned me to offer me the job!
yippeeeee! i cant believe how quick and slick it all was. (Matts recruitment took over 6 weeks and he had 3 interviews)

so 3 days /week gives me time off, but the extra money will come in very handy!

yey!! IM employed!!
Congratulations and good luck in the new Job.