British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   I've just applied to Uni (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/ive-just-applied-uni-507298/)

UKNZAUS Jan 18th 2008 8:21 pm

I've just applied to Uni

to do a Teaching course :eek: LOL

I've always dreamt of doing it and what better way than to do it while my kids are not in full-time education yet If selected, I will be scrutinised by loads of peeps (Teachers Council & ministry of Education i think) and hopefully will start my course in approx. 4 weeks time :eek:

I hope I can get on the course! I had to leave my course back in the UK cause we were moving out here

I love having PR :lol:

happynz Jan 18th 2008 8:24 pm

Re: I've just applied to Uni

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 5807222)
to do a Teaching course :eek: LOL

I've always dreamt of doing it and what better way than to do it while my kids are not in full-time education yet If selected, I will be scrutinised by loads of peeps (Teachers Council & ministry of Education i think) and hopefully will start my course in approx. 4 weeks time :eek:

I hope I can get on the course! I had to leave my course back in the UK cause we were moving out here

I love having PR :lol:

Which university have you applied to?

UKNZAUS Jan 18th 2008 8:39 pm

Open Polytechnic :thumbsup: I've just been chatting to my friend in UK who is a Student Teacher and she said it's 3x as expensive than here to do the course :eek:

Batty Jan 18th 2008 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 5807290)
Open Polytechnic :thumbsup: I've just been chatting to my friend in UK who is a Student Teacher and she said it's 3x as expensive than here to do the course :eek:

Well done Michelle :thumbsup: Fingers crossed for you :)

Maz Jan 18th 2008 9:18 pm

Cool good for you! :thumbup:

jill1420 Jan 18th 2008 11:08 pm

Well done Michelle:thumbsup: Best Wishes for your course.

Maz..................your too cool for school...............your picture is mighty impressive:D

Maz Jan 18th 2008 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by jill1420 (Post 5808021)
Well done Michelle:thumbsup: Best Wishes for your course.

Maz..................your too cool for school...............your picture is mighty impressive:D

I am? :rofl: Thank you Jill, that's the first time anyone's said I'm too cool for school. :lol: :thumbup:

lardyl Jan 22nd 2008 10:22 am

Hi Michelle - good on ya - just watch out for those dodgy MoE peeps........:rofl:

krissie Jan 22nd 2008 10:58 pm

hi!! maybe we can help each other!!! ive just been accepted to finish my primary teaching with massey, online!!! good luck....student life mmm
:eek:

UKNZAUS Jan 22nd 2008 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by krissie (Post 5826099)
hi!! maybe we can help each other!!! ive just been accepted to finish my primary teaching with massey, online!!! good luck....student life mmm
:eek:

I've missed the cut-off date for Feb start, so I won't be able to start until July now :( But it does give me chance to get a head-start on textbooks etc and I'm not pulling out stupid amounts on top of the $8575 fee :eek::eek::eek: If selected and accepted I'll be doing Diploma of Teaching Early Childhood Education but am thinking maybe in the future I'd like to do Primary too. Got to get myself onto this course first though... have to tell them in 300 words or less why I want to teach :unsure:

Do you know where I can get hold of cheap textbooks?

Good luck with your last year! I have a friend who studies at Massey and is now doing her last year extramural - she says it's fab! :thumbsup:

krissie Jan 22nd 2008 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 5826138)
I've missed the cut-off date for Feb start, so I won't be able to start until July now :( But it does give me chance to get a head-start on textbooks etc and I'm not pulling out stupid amounts on top of the $8575 fee :eek::eek::eek: If selected and accepted I'll be doing Diploma of Teaching Early Childhood Education but am thinking maybe in the future I'd like to do Primary too. Got to get myself onto this course first though... have to tell them in 300 words or less why I want to teach :unsure:

Do you know where I can get hold of cheap textbooks?

Good luck with your last year! I have a friend who studies at Massey and is now doing her last year extramural - she says it's fab! :thumbsup:

i think u only have to do an extra yr if u decide later that u wanna do primary!! not sure about the books...im hoping to find somewhere...fees are a killer eh?? think mines about $7000...its 2 yrs extramural ive to do...only had 1 more yr to do in the uk...shudve finished it there!!! glad ur friend says masseys fab....was unsure what to expect!!! :confused:

krissie Jan 22nd 2008 11:26 pm

have you done the free maori ora course??? ive started that too as its good to know for teaching...the treaty and customs/beliefs, and the language and pronunciation...:thumbup:

UKNZAUS Jan 22nd 2008 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by krissie (Post 5826189)
i think u only have to do an extra yr if u decide later that u wanna do primary!! not sure about the books...im hoping to find somewhere...fees are a killer eh?? think mines about $7000...its 2 yrs extramural ive to do...only had 1 more yr to do in the uk...shudve finished it there!!! glad ur friend says masseys fab....was unsure what to expect!!! :confused:

Oh thats good! Thought I might have to do a few years on top. Will ask Sarah if she knows anywhere selling cheap textbooks for us ;) She'll know loads of people at Massey so it can't hurt to ask :lol:

krissie Jan 22nd 2008 11:30 pm

that wud be good, cheers!!!:thumbsup:

krissie Jan 23rd 2008 9:21 pm

didnt know u wer from blackburn....my oh is a huge rovers fan...hes a blackburn lad but ive always been in accy!! :eek: