Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

I've been in a car accident

I've been in a car accident

Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I've been in a car accident

Originally Posted by Littletoe
For this new car, i was told the same, until I own it, I can't arrange insurance which is a bugger. It is strange compared to the UK because I would never have driven without insurance, but yes, over here there isn't such emphasis on that. But as I stated again for the record, I had the quote number, it was just a case of going in, getting the form signed and handing over the cash.
have to put it down to one of lifes little things he/she likes to throw at us to try us out and see what we do

Owen had a crash before christmas, not a major one, and no one hurt, it just puts a downer on things for a bit

It can only get better from here on in, so keep smiling (even if it makes your ribs hurt)
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:35 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
have to put it down to one of lifes little things he/she likes to throw at us to try us out and see what we do

Owen had a crash before christmas, not a major one, and no one hurt, it just puts a downer on things for a bit

It can only get better from here on in, so keep smiling (even if it makes your ribs hurt)
Everyone really has been amazing, I just can't imagine finding so many warm, caring people in the UK (except people on here!). I've had so many offers of help and met some really nice people. So its not all bad!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:35 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by claireh1981
you were lucky nothing worse happened, driving an uninsured car.
<snip>
I would never dream of putting my child in a car that didn't have insurance.
Can one give negative karma on this board?

FYI Claire - her child was in the best possible car seat and she herself was belted in too. How would having car insurance or not have prevented any injuries? Please do tell, oh wise one. The dense among us eagerly await your response.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:25 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't drive around without insurance now over here but I did do until my husband had a prang in a supermarket carpark and we had $600 damage costs to pay out to the other persons insurance company. What was the other persons car like Littletoe ... was there much damage because you most likely will be liable for the costs of repair.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:29 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
I wouldn't drive around without insurance now over here but I did do until my husband had a prang in a supermarket carpark and we had $600 damage costs to pay out to the other persons insurance company. What was the other persons car like Littletoe ... was there much damage because you most likely will be liable for the costs of repair.
There was a lot of damage, so we're expecting a big bill. Luckily Steve still earns British pounds, so it just means we won't be able to splurge for a couple of months. If we didn't have that salary, I've be packing my pants!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:33 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

There was a lot of damage, so we're expecting a big bill. Luckily Steve still earns British pounds, so it just means we won't be able to splurge for a couple of months. If we didn't have that salary, I've be packing my pants!
I was shocked at the amount they claimed the repairs costed us

There wasn't even any damage to our car and it was only a bit of a supermarket carpark bump so will keep my fingers crossed for you
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:42 am
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by sky
I was shocked at the amount they claimed the repairs costed us

There wasn't even any damage to our car and it was only a bit of a supermarket carpark bump so will keep my fingers crossed for you

Thanks mate x
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

we used westgate paint and panel or panel and paint (something like that) and the bill wasnt to bad as we saw the bill but only had the excess to pay but am happy to get their number if you want it, they are based not to far from us if you need to get a quote from a company for the other car, but will keep fingers crossed for a not to bad a bill

phew for british pounds
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:59 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I think my point was ignored... my point was that having insurance or not, would not have changed in any amount at all (physical & emotional) how much damage was done to the people involved.

As Douglas Adams said in The Hitchhikers' Guide To The Galaxy (paraphrase coming up!): It's amazing how much people got upset over small green pieces of paper, because the small green pieces of paper themselves were quite happy!

Oh well... I'm off to bed. Just spent half the evening on the phone to agencies. Getting more and more frustrated. It's nearly midnight and I'm tired. Night night all.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:10 am
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by Maz

As Douglas Adams said in The Hitchhikers' Guide To The Galaxy (paraphrase coming up!): It's amazing how much people got upset over small green pieces of paper, because the small green pieces of paper themselves were quite happy!

I loved the book Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy .... your post made me giggle at the fabulously silly humour and alternative thinking in it
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

stacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to all

Glad your ok.

Is the driver of the other car ok, were they carrying any passengers? Must have been awful for them to be hit from the back with no warning.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:49 am
Sweeeeet!

Originally Posted by stacey19
Glad your ok.

Is the driver of the other car ok, were they carrying any passengers? Must have been awful for them to be hit from the back with no warning.

No they weren't and they're absolutely fine, they were driving a big 4wd, so they didn't even notice, it was just me in my beaten up old bugger that took the impact. Don't worry, I wasn't JUST concerned for MYSELF, I did follow up with the other person. Jesus, what is with you some of you? Doesn't anyone else have accidents? Am I the only one?? OK, I put my hand up, it was my fault, OK. Sorry I'm not as bloody perfect as everyone else
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

stacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to all

I was only asking if the other people were ok thats all.....
I know accidents happen and I'm just glad EVERYONE is ok.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:43 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bigtoe
No they weren't and they're absolutely fine, they were driving a big 4wd, so they didn't even notice, it was just me in my beaten up old bugger that took the impact. Don't worry, I wasn't JUST concerned for MYSELF, I did follow up with the other person. Jesus, what is with you some of you? Doesn't anyone else have accidents? Am I the only one?? OK, I put my hand up, it was my fault, OK. Sorry I'm not as bloody perfect as everyone else
Don't get upset, some of the BE members can be quite harsh and insensitive .

Sounds like the other vehicle was a heavy 4x4 and well protected.

Stay positive
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:33 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by Just a boring old can of soup
Don't get upset, some of the BE members can be quite harsh and insensitive.
Pot, meet kettle.

Sorry everyone else, but it had to be said. Right, off to start my day now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.