Its too hot here!

Old Sep 20th 2006, 3:22 am
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice
Default Its too hot here!

Now that I have seriously burnt my bald head in the Hawkes Bay sunshine I am considering returning to England. Sun tan lotion is not cheap in any country in the world and NZ is no exception. Also with the air conditioning on most of the time, my car is using more fuel. The lawn constantly needs watering ( water rates )and the only plants that thrive here are cacti. The temperature also mean the kids need to go swimming all the time and since Steve Irwins unfortunate stingray accident they will only go to the local pool........more money. All the extra sweat means more washing and ironing as well.
The winter has only just finished too. Apparently this will continue for another 8 months :scared:
All in all, its horrible here in the heat and I want to go home. Back to the start of the great British winter!!.........................

Old Sep 20th 2006, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Its too hot here!

Off you go then

Great isn't it? Is it your first summer here then?
Old Sep 20th 2006, 5:01 am
Just Joined

Albion2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you're joking!!! This is nothing compared to the actual summer!! Move to Auckland - its always raining here......and I for one am over winter - it seemed to go on forever this yr!

Originally Posted by Jude J
Off you go then

Old Sep 20th 2006, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Albion2
Hope you're joking!!! This is nothing compared to the actual summer!! Move to Auckland - its always raining here......and I for one am over winter - it seemed to go on forever this yr!
hiya spent the day on the beach in Takapuna red hot and loving it :
no rain here today
Jane
Old Sep 20th 2006, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by waynepfry
hiya spent the day on the beach in Takapuna red hot and loving it :
no rain here today
Jane
I've obviously aclimatised - to me its still bloody cold and theres another 4 months till summers here.

Roll on January 2007.........
Old Sep 20th 2006, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Albion2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Likewise....which is worrying seeing as am moving back to the UK in March...will I cope?? although nicely timed to avoid winter i thought....

Originally Posted by Herm
I've obviously aclimatised - to me its still bloody cold and theres another 4 months till summers here.

Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Not hot here yet..... its getting warmer but I prefer it warmer than this. I did manage to take littlun down to the beach yesterday afternoon and it was pleasantly warm in the sun but needed my cardie on when sun popped behind the clouds. Still better than UK winter and spring though so wont complain too much.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Arghhh.... thats when Im having my baby..... :scared:

Everyone here says this winter was cold for Auckland and its not normally like this..... last winter was a lot milder than this and we all spent a lot of time outdoors.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:28 am
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice

You must live in the local freezer works
Now I know that Hawkes Bay is the place to be in NZ
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:31 am
Banned

Off you go then

No, I just caught the tail end of last years summer.
Just off for a swim
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SarahB
Arghhh.... thats when Im having my baby..... :scared:

Everyone here says this winter was cold for Auckland and its not normally like this..... last winter was a lot milder than this and we all spent a lot of time outdoors.

hello stranger, how is the growing bump? She very active now? Have you got any names yet?
I was lucky in 2005 when I had mine, the summer didn't really get started until after she was born on the 5th Jan, so I didn't feel too bad. I didn't get very big though and I think that helped.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

hello stranger, how is the growing bump? She very active now? Have you got any names yet?
I was lucky in 2005 when I had mine, the summer didn't really get started until after she was born on the 5th Jan, so I didn't feel too bad. I didn't get very big though and I think that helped.
Hello.... Yes I am now officially fat!!!

Its a very active bub.... I just ate a lemonade ice lolly and shes jumping around in there in protest!!

I'm due 19th Jan but c-sect will prob be in the first week of Jan.

Generally Im feeling very good..... just this sciatica-like pain that hurts nearly all the time now.

No names yet... I expect we will talk about it again soon though...I bring the subject up about once a month and we talk about it.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Hello.... Yes I am now officially fat!!!

Its a very active bub.... I just ate a lemonade ice lolly and shes jumping around in there in protest!!

I'm due 19th Jan but c-sect will prob be in the first week of Jan.

Generally Im feeling very good..... just this sciatica-like pain that hurts nearly all the time now.

No names yet... I expect we will talk about it again soon though...I bring the subject up about once a month and we talk about it.
Oh I hope the pain doesn't keep up. Did you have it before?
She will probably be born about the same time as mine was then! Nice for future birthday parties, you can pretty much guarantee they can be held outdoors!
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh I hope the pain doesn't keep up. Did you have it before?
She will probably be born about the same time as mine was then! Nice for future birthday parties, you can pretty much guarantee they can be held outdoors!
Sorry to hi-jack your post O/P.

I had SPD for the last 2 months with my son. My midwife thinks this pain is maybe the start of the SPD again and not really sciatica. I was hoping I wouldnt get it this time but fingers crossed eh?!
Old Sep 21st 2006, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry to hi-jack your post O/P.

I had SPD for the last 2 months with my son. My midwife thinks this pain is maybe the start of the SPD again and not really sciatica. I was hoping I wouldnt get it this time but fingers crossed eh?!
Yep fingers, legs and eyes crossed for ya!

I'm sorry too Lenny the Lion! But glad to hear you are enjoying the lovely spring weather down there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.