Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

It's the simple things in life!

It's the simple things in life!

Old Nov 28th 2013, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

kingacat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It's the simple things in life!

There are lots of things that I like about living in NZ but two of my favourite are:
The fuel stations where the nice member of staff fills my car for me.
The fact that now I drive along the beach during my working day rather than driving in inner city Southampton.

I'm easily pleased!
Old Nov 28th 2013, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

kiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's the simple things in life!

I liked the fact that, within six months of arriving in NZ, I could walk the main street of the capital city and half a dozen passers-by would say "G'day, Pete." Try that in London or any UK city
Old Nov 28th 2013, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

oceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant futureoceane01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kiwigeordie
I liked the fact that, within six months of arriving in NZ, I could walk the main street of the capital city and half a dozen passers-by would say "G'day, Pete." Try that in London or any UK city
Old Nov 28th 2013, 6:35 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I like that I virtually never lock the car and sometimes not the house either.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 6:50 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

The weekly wash dries outside all year, no need for an expensive drier.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 8:10 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I like looking at the stars and searching for the Southern Cross.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 8:37 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Agree! My favourites would have to be driving through Christchurch on a sunny winters day and seeing snow capped mountains glistening in the distance with bright blue sky. Oh, and having a BBQ for dinner almost every evening and it's not even proper summer yet! And the sunshine, love the sunshine (I am starting to get a tan)
Old Nov 28th 2013, 8:56 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Used to love seeing Ruapehu in the distance when I drove to work when we lived in Palmy.
The Southern Alps as seen from the streets of Chch
Old Nov 28th 2013, 9:04 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Croydon before moving to NZ. I always walked to work and passed the same people every day, many would smile and nod in recognition or say hello after a while.
Some of those had seen me out and about with my dog and he was always a conversation starter, but not all had.
Pete, the above may be true in central London but not where I lived
Old Nov 28th 2013, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingacat
There are lots of things that I like about living in NZ but two of my favourite are:
The fuel stations where the nice member of staff fills my car for me.
The fact that now I drive along the beach during my working day rather than driving in inner city Southampton.

I'm easily pleased!
Funnily enough that's one of my pet hates. I'd rather do it myself!

Looking at the night sky & seeing the Milky Way is my favourite.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 9:42 pm

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Agree! My favourites would have to be driving through Christchurch on a sunny winters day and seeing snow capped mountains glistening in the distance with bright blue sky. Oh, and having a BBQ for dinner almost every evening and it's not even proper summer yet! And the sunshine, love the sunshine (I am starting to get a tan)

Put the BBQ outside the kitchen door, put a sail over to keep dry, or cool, and cook all meat there all year round....magic tates so much moister... Man stands cooking meat (perhaps with the odd beer) wife indoors prepares the green bits..
Also saves cleaning the oven!
Old Nov 28th 2013, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

kiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
I lived in Croydon before moving to NZ. I always walked to work and passed the same people every day, many would smile and nod in recognition or say hello after a while.
Some of those had seen me out and about with my dog and he was always a conversation starter, but not all had.
Pete, the above may be true in central London but not where I lived
You're right. Even though it gave me a good feeling, it's a rubbish post and I'm wrong as usual. Better delete it.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 9:56 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Put the BBQ outside the kitchen door, put a sail over to keep dry, or cool, and cook all meat there all year round....magic tates so much moister... Man stands cooking meat (perhaps with the odd beer) wife indoors prepares the green bits..
Also saves cleaning the oven!

That's the plan for when we buy a place! There are plans in place for an outdoor pizza oven, a mobile bar and a purpose built "house" for the barbie

Mmmmm steak....
Old Nov 28th 2013, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch

That's the plan for when we buy a place! There are plans in place for an outdoor pizza oven, a mobile bar and a purpose built "house" for the barbie

Mmmmm steak....
Style.....
Old Nov 28th 2013, 10:00 pm

You're right. Even though it gave me a good feeling, it's a rubbish post and I'm wrong as usual. Better delete it.
You are nor allowed to say uncouraging things about "there"....go stand in the corner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.