Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

It's music time :-)

It's music time :-)

Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Ninja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really nice
Default Re: It's music time :-)

Originally Posted by love30stm
haha thats also good if you live in Auckland but if you live 5 odd hours drive away not so good is it? i was only a hour or so away from gigs in the UK

My daughter is going to see Florence, but none of the above bands would be worth my time and expense to go to
Auckland for....

the only bands i want to see are

30 Seconds to mars (seen them once in Auckland and they have been to europe and australia numerous times and only been here once)

Muse (been here a couple of times i saw them at the BDO but again they have toured other parts of the world numerous times)

The Strokes ( not been here for years!!! toured in other countries)

Evanescence (not been here at all but to europe of course)

its hardly the music capital of the world here is it???
, but oh well just have to watch you tube and online for the live shows

and Ronan Keeting??? omg

Evanescence pre-sale tomorrow...(Vector Arena, Auckland)....!!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:08 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Just bought my ticket for Evanescence in the pre-presale and booked flights to Auckland on my last few Qantas points very happy.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:50 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
.......your preferences are for newer music. You prefer new stuff to old stuff I think. You are able to move along with the times when it comes to music. I sorta lost it somewhere back in the early 90's

So, when does the new stuff become the old stuff for you. Does any of the new stuff ever sound like a load of old racket & junk... like much of it does to me these days.
Had a thought about this while riding back from the Coromandel.
It jumped into my head that bands and their tours need to be booked quite a while in advance. Perhaps the life expectancy of the latest X idol's career doesn't make a world tour feasible, hence bands who have stood the test of time are the ones who travel...............like Guiness.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:51 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Just bought my ticket for Evanescence in the pre-presale and booked flights to Auckland on my last few Qantas points very happy.
Oh shit I'm away that weekend in Wellington!!!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

cancell it chuck they might not come back
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Justcol
cancell it chuck they might not come back
Haha no way I'm going to cancel a weekend of partying with my best friend it's already booked up and I'm not going to cry.

30 Seconds to Mars are my favorite band

And plus it is a pain in the arse going to Auckland to see bands like I said I live a long way from there. Why don't they ever come to Wellington?? Pisses me off it is the Capital after all but you wouldn't know it
Old Feb 7th 2012, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

mcgarnagle will become famous soon enoughmcgarnagle will become famous soon enough

there's no pleasing some people
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by mcgarnagle
I'm not easily pleased like some people who live here and it was short notice!

And Evanescence apparently touring NZ? and there is only one place to go and that's Auckland as usual. So lucky you that live in Auckland

We can't all drop everything, work, commitments and spending money to stay overnight a 5 + hour drive just to get there.

So don't be a smart arse

Last edited by love30stm; Feb 7th 2012 at 4:58 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by mcgarnagle
I've seen your older threads is all I'm saying

Last edited by love30stm; Feb 7th 2012 at 4:59 pm.