Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

It's music time :-)

It's music time :-)

Old Jan 26th 2012, 11:38 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's music time :-)

Originally Posted by BEVS
Oopsies. I should have written The Rolling Stones.

What I meant was that your preferences are for newer music. You prefer new stuff to old stuff I think. You are able to move along with the times when it comes to music. I sorta lost it somewhere back in the early 90's

So, when does the new stuff become the old stuff for you. Does any of the new stuff ever sound like a load of old racket & junk... like much of it does to me these days.
Haha I like older stuff like Pink Floyd, The stones, The strokes are not a new band Also Morrisey (the smiths) and the cure and 80s glam Rock.

And there is some good artists out there and not Just crap rap, glee and The Beiber ewwwww
Old Jan 27th 2012, 2:44 am
AndyRuth

AndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really nice

Really looking forward to both New Order in Feb and Peter Hook playing ' Closer' ( quality album ) in April - saw Barney couple years ago in Liverpool with his then band Bad Lieutenant - haven't seen New Order live since the 80's.

Going to both of these on my tod so if anyone fancies meeting up at one or both of these gigs let me know
Old Jan 27th 2012, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyRuth
Going to both of these on my tod so if anyone fancies meeting up at one or both of these gigs let me know
I'm going to see Hooky and the light in april, should be a good do, like you not seen em for years.
Used to see Bernard and Martin Jackson (Magazine, freshies, swing out sister) occasionally in the white horse in swinton.
How long you been in Cambridge? I left there 6 months ago after spending 3 years there, you know what cliquey place it is
I'm sure we must have some mutual friends
Old Jan 27th 2012, 7:28 pm
AndyRuth

AndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really nice

I'm sure we do Know exactly what you mean !!!

Anyway if you fancy a catching up at the gig over a beer give me a shout

Last edited by AndyRuth; Jan 27th 2012 at 7:34 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

stephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of light

Hooky in Auckland looks good, don't know if i can make it.
JD for me, absolutely hated Blue monday.
Norman Cook is on at the Vector Arena March 2nd, Bitha and Brighton revisited.

happy mondays to reform for gigs in April/May -banging
Old Jan 30th 2012, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

stephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of light

Peter Hook now signed up for 18th and 19th April at Bodega, Wellie.
Unknown Pleasures on Wed night.
Closer on Thurs night.
70 bucks either night.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephen60
happy mondays to reform for gigs in April/May -banging
bet they don't come down here but will start practising my Bez dance just in case they do.

Bugger just noticed he's doing melbourne on the 12th and I get there on the 13th. . . . damn!!

Last edited by Justcol; Jan 30th 2012 at 8:24 am.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Ninja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really nice

Been here 6 months...and have already seen / got tickets for:

Foo Fighters (supported by Tenacious D)
The Business
The Damned
Bad Manners
Incubus (Tonight)
Florence and the Machine
Sisters of Mercy
Roxette
Def Leppard (supported by Heart)
Ronan Keating (Friday)
The Cranberries

......and I was worried that we wouldn`t get to see any decent bands in NZ!!!!..............
Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ninja757

The Business
The Damned
Bad Manners
Incubus (Tonight)
Florence and the Machine
Sisters of Mercy
Roxette
Ronan Keating (Friday)
The Cranberries

......and I was worried that we wouldn`t get to see any decent bands in NZ!!!!..............
If you like all the bands that's great but there's only two on the list I would pay to see (foos and damned, saw em both)
Its easy to fall into going to see anyone you've heard of mode just because they're here.
would you / have you been to see all those bands in the uk, most of em tour every year so have been easy to see if you wanted to
Old Jan 31st 2012, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Ninja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really niceNinja757 is just really nice

You`re right in a way.....We did just that when we first got across, but to be honest...the only ones I wouldn`t of usually seen would have been Def Leppard, Ronan and Roxette (although Def Leppard was a brilliant night) I`ve seen the Damned and Bad Manners plenty of times back in the UK and am / was into all the other bands anyway. I took my 14 year old to Incubus last night and they were amazing!!!........Ronan on Friday (wife has seen him before), but The Sisters of Mercy is the one i`m looking forward to the most. We`ve realised that decent bands DO make their way down to here, so are a bit choozy now (held back on New Order tickets because Hooky is not with them) and don`t fancy watching him trying to be Ian Curtis either!!
I made a `massive` call after the Foo Fighters gig by telling my son it was the `best concert i`ve ever been to`....and i`ve seen some great live bands over the years (U2, Oasis, Depeche Mode, Bon Jovi, The Prodigy, Muse, Faithless, Kasabian)......so i`ve been a bit spolit since getting here!
Old Jan 31st 2012, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

mcgarnagle will become famous soon enoughmcgarnagle will become famous soon enough

Elbow are playing The Powerstation on March 28.

Tickets on sale Feb 10.
Old Jan 31st 2012, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by mcgarnagle

Tickets on sale Feb 10.
No comment
Old Jan 31st 2012, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ninja757

The Business
The Damned
Bad Manners
Incubus (Tonight)
Florence and the Machine
Sisters of Mercy
Roxette
Ronan Keating (Friday)
The Cranberries

haha thats also good if you live in Auckland but if you live 5 odd hours drive away not so good is it? i was only a hour or so away from gigs in the UK

My daughter is going to see Florence, but none of the above bands would be worth my time and expense to go to
Auckland for....

the only bands i want to see are

30 Seconds to mars (seen them once in Auckland and they have been to europe and australia numerous times and only been here once)

Muse (been here a couple of times i saw them at the BDO but again they have toured other parts of the world numerous times)

The Strokes ( not been here for years!!! toured in other countries)

Evanescence (not been here at all but to europe of course)

its hardly the music capital of the world here is it???
, but oh well just have to watch you tube and online for the live shows

and Ronan Keeting??? omg
Old Feb 1st 2012, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Ronan Keating!!!!!............I only like one of his songs, but my wife likes him loads (the last time she saw him, she put a massive poster of him on our bedroom wall....i`m sure he used to `wink` at me)
I agree about the location problem. We have a 20 minute drive into Auckland for most of the gigs here, but if you`re elsewhere...you`re screwed.
Most bands only do one gig in NZ, and it tends to be Auckland (I did hear a rumour that Radiohead may be thinking of playing in the South island this year)
I`m looking forward to seeing Florence though. I missed her set when we went to Glastonbury in 2010 (Chose Dizzee Rascal on the Pyramid stage instead) but she did come on and duet with him for one song!
Old Feb 1st 2012, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mcgarnagle

Tickets on sale Feb 10.
Wayhey, Elbow from little old Ramsbottom, just round the corner from my old gaff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.