Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

It's music time :-)

It's music time :-)

Old Jan 23rd 2012, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's music time :-)

We have managed to get tickets for three amazing gigs in Feb:

• Seether
  • System of a Down
  • Roger Waters version of The Wall.
They are all in Auckland and we are in ChCh, but the System and Wall dates are next to each other so a nice break on the North Island for us

Can't wait

Jan
Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's music time :-)

Thought about SOD but saw serge on his own at the BDO a couple of years ago and I was happy with that.
Seether aint my thing and I'd rather pull my own teeth out than have to listen to pink floyd.
Gonna see the Damned tomorrow night, am toying with going to see Peter Hooks Joy Division / Closer thing
and will be flying off to OZ to see the wedding present in April
Old Jan 24th 2012, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

mcgarnagle will become famous soon enoughmcgarnagle will become famous soon enough

Saw Fleet Foxes last week.

Am gutted that Bon Iver is playing Wellington (2 nights sold out) but not coming to Auckland.

Got Ryan Adams in March and am contemplating whether New Order are worth shelling out 100 bucks for.

Where/When is Hooky playing?
Old Jan 24th 2012, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice

Wow, I didn't know SOAD were still about, I'd love to see them. I might be going to see Killing Joke in March though (on my own as none of my mates like the same stuff as me )
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcgarnagle
Scontemplating whether New Order are worth shelling out 100 bucks for.

Where/When is Hooky playing?
I decided against new order, it wasn't the band but the venue. I saw Joy Division at the Russel club
and New order at the hacienda, I couldnt watch them as a stadium band, its just not right.
Peter Hook and the light are playing the studio on K road on April 20th Its light the ultimate tribute band.
Only 70 bucks and a small sweaty venue watching hooky play all the classics from Closer and Unknown pleasures
Just like the good old days
Tickets from Ticket Master see you there

Old Jan 24th 2012, 7:08 pm
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
We have managed to get tickets for three amazing gigs in Feb:

• Seether
  • System of a Down
  • Roger Waters version of The Wall.
They are all in Auckland and we are in ChCh, but the System and Wall dates are next to each other so a nice break on the North Island for us

Can't wait

Jan
Dresdon Dolls tonight in CHCH. You cant beat an angry woman in her underwear singing about alcholic friends....
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:08 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Justcol
Thought about SOD but saw serge on his own at the BDO a couple of years ago and I was happy with that.
Seether aint my thing and I'd rather pull my own teeth out than have to listen to pink floyd.
Gonna see the Damned tomorrow night, am toying with going to see Peter Hooks Joy Division / Closer thing
and will be flying off to OZ to see the wedding present in April
The Damned and Joy division were good in their day!!

dont want to see any of the above.

Daughter has got tickets to see Florence and St Vincent
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:12 pm

New Zealand is good for seeing older bands that were good back in the day

we had a good band in Wanganui the weekend that played covers of the Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Strokes and Queens of the stone age. nearest we will get to Listen to those bands apart from the beatles of course that would be impossible

I WANT TO SEE THE STROKES
Old Jan 25th 2012, 6:09 am

Joy Division without Ian Curtis is New order

R.I.P Ian
Old Jan 25th 2012, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by love30stm
Joy Division without Ian Curtis is New order

R.I.P Ian
Duh, I know, I'm a manc liking joy division is in our DNA
Old Jan 25th 2012, 9:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I've seen The Stones here in NZ. The place was jammed packed with all ages.
I'm interested now. When does Love30stm become old hat for you Love30stm?
Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damned put on a great show last night, just a shame the sound system was shite
Old Jan 26th 2012, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS
I've seen The Stones here in NZ. The place was jammed packed with all ages.
I'm interested now. When does Love30stm become old hat for you Love30stm?
I said the Strokes and huh???

also want to see Evanescense they have never been to New Zeland but of course are going to Australia !!!

Last edited by love30stm; Jan 26th 2012 at 9:58 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 10:50 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by love30stm
I said the Strokes and huh???
Oopsies. I should have written The Rolling Stones.

What I meant was that your preferences are for newer music. You prefer new stuff to old stuff I think. You are able to move along with the times when it comes to music. I sorta lost it somewhere back in the early 90's

So, when does the new stuff become the old stuff for you. Does any of the new stuff ever sound like a load of old racket & junk... like much of it does to me these days.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 11:05 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Oo Evanescence are coming to Aus? Wonder if that's an excuse for some time away.
I was gutted, they played Leeds where I used to live.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.