Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

It's Halloween time again - Spooky , scary avatars to the ready purlease

It's Halloween time again - Spooky , scary avatars to the ready purlease

Old Nov 1st 2012, 5:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's Halloween time again - Spooky , scary avatars to the ready purlease

Originally Posted by love30stm
Love the pinhead one!!!

Like I said can't get the big orange pumpkins in New Zealand! As I would
Certainly have a go as I'm good at art, the small edible ones we get here are really thick, too small and not easy to carve those designs, I'm jealous
One advantage of living in the New England area, plenty of pumpkins for not to bad money and they tend to be pretty huge
Old Nov 1st 2012, 5:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's Halloween time again - Spooky , scary avatars to the ready purlease

Originally Posted by BEVS
Does that help give the shades & tones ?
If you use a transfer sheet, you transfer the sections you're going to cut and can then make much crisper lines and have more detail.

To get the shading and tones, ,cutting all the way through for the bright highlights, cut about half way through for the mid-tones and for lighter hightlight and details, like the tile dirt and lines in the first pumpkin, you just scrape the skin off with the blade and rub smooth with a bit of sand paper.

If you want to do a blood type of effect, you cut the part out, then slice the skin off the bit you cut and put that back on the pumpkin and hold it in place with toothpics, comes out really bright red/orange.